Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visitor visa rejected first time in 2016 May - applying again

Hi
    B2 visa is rejected for my inlaws in 2016 May. Back then we mentioned my husband as the sponsor. They asked for his visa paper, inlaws gave the I-797 as my husband didn't have H1 visa in passport, because he did not travel in 6 years after changing from F1 to H1B.
    And B2 was rejected with 214b generic reason - don't trust that they would return to India.

Now we want to apply B2 again for our in laws but with my husband's cousin's graduation invitation.
    This is his first cousin with his last name graduating from Harvard. So my dilemma is if we send that letter, should I fill the DS-160 as self sponsoring ?

1 Can we just use that graduation letter and do self sponsoring

2 or can I mention my name as sponsor , if so then would I need to give another invitation letter? and provide all my documents ?

3 would this bring up my husband's visa in to question again?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best
    SGR
    Last edited by SGR; 04-06-2018, 07:12 AM.

Originally posted by SGR View Post
    1 Can we just use that graduation letter and do self sponsoring
    Self sponsoring is always better - reason as graduation ceremony will be a plus.

2 or can I mention my name as sponsor , if so then would I need to give another invitation letter? and provide all my documents ?
    Let them self sponsor.

3 would this bring up my husband's visa in to question again?
    You never know, but on the other hand, why is your husband not going for visa stamping. Having visa is always better for dependent's & parent's visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X