Mother surname wrong spelling on passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother surname wrong spelling on passport

Hi, I'm from Brazil. I'm applying for the Visa, the thing is that my mother's name is
    Cristina Luzia Pinheiro Berto

However on my passport the name is spelled as

Cristina Luiza Pinheiro Berto.

On the Ds-160 I should fill with the correct surname. But would this letter misplace cause me trouble during the visa application? Thanks

Originally posted by lucaspberto View Post
    Hi, I'm from Brazil. I'm applying for the Visa, the thing is that my mother's name is
    Cristina Luzia Pinheiro Berto

However on my passport the name is spelled as

Cristina Luiza Pinheiro Berto.

On the Ds-160 I should fill with the correct surname. But would this letter misplace cause me trouble during the visa application? Thanks
    Yes, this can cause multiple verification & delays.

Why don't you get the passport corrected first & then apply for visa ?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes, this can cause multiple verification & delays.

Why don't you get the passport corrected first & then apply for visa ?
      Hi, thanks for your reply. The thing is that only now, after years I have noticed that my mothers second name is with the letter misplaced Luzia to Luiza, since my first national ID, and it has followed all my next official documents. To change that I would have to spend a lot of money to get new ID, new driving license, new passport, which here in Brazil is taking around 2 months to get a new one. With this same national ID, I have already got a Visa to USA in 2008, and moved for inter exchange in Europe in 2013/14 however on my two previous passport, the name of my parents were not present, the thing is that only after 2014 the name of the parents would come on the Passport, and only now I noticed the mistake.

Best Regards, Lucas.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X