Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How my husband can convince embassy officials he will return to his home country.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How my husband can convince embassy officials he will return to his home country.

Hello all, we are hoping to get a B2 visitor/tourist/non-immigrant visa for my husband, but I'm hearing that's virtually impossible since I'm a US citizen.

My Nepali husband and I have been married about a year. I've travelled back and forth between Nepal and the States a few times since early 2015. My husband is essentially self-employed as a personal chauffeur, hiring himself out whenever we need extra cash. He also helps raise pigs on his mother's farm. Although very skilled and good at earning money through odd jobs, my husband does not come from much education- or money-wise. He has no property to his name save our motorcycle. We pay rent for an apartment with no lease agreement (this is just how Nepal works). Most of our income comes from what I earn through my writing jobs online. We get by just fine and are very happy living here in Nepal where the cost of living is much lower than America.

We'd love to visit the US for just 2-3 months. My husband has yet to meet most of my family members and my mother is planning special gatherings for us. My husband does not have the education to land work in America; his English is not even that great. I am essentially an ex-pat now since I have no desire to live in America, either. My husband has his aging mother here in Nepal to think of, as well.

We may eventually consider moving back to the States after he applies for a Green Card, but that's not what we want right now.

How can he prove to the embassy that he will return (with me) after a brief visit? Without actual employment, it's clear my husband has very little money to his name and there's not clear proof that he will return. If approved, we will buy return tickets so that we are locked into staying for only as long as the visa allows. But how do we convince the officials before then? I hear they don't really even look at documents (my husband has a certificate that states he has the farming business, but we're doubtful even that will help). We're very anxious since I'm dying to see my family but can't bear to leave my husband, either.

What can my husband say at the interview that will help? We want to be completely honest to avoid problems. But I'm so afraid my husband will tell them he's married to me and they'll send him away. It would disappoint me, but it might hurt him even more - he's very concerned that I've made the choice to marry him and stay so far away from my family. He'd feel responsible for the failure.

What should we do??? Please help???

There is really nothing much that he can say or do to convince the visa officer. He does not really have enough ties to the home country.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X