Parents tourist visa - self sponsorship or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents tourist visa - self sponsorship or not

I want to know whether it is better for my Parents to self sponsor their US trip or my spouse should sponsor it since my Father is retired from last 2 years. However, he is financially sound/ had been working at senior position for 35 years and can bear the expenses of US trip. They want to visit us for a month and I am confused how to go about his and my mother's (homemaker) tourist visa. Any suggestions/ recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks

In the past I have sponsored my parents ( retired at that time) visa for B2 and got approved. My wife have also sponsored visa for her parents ( retired as well) visit and they got approval as well. The applicant has to show that they are financially stable and have close ties ( financial and family) to home and they intend to come back...that is all that is required.

Comment

Originally posted by blitzg27606 View Post
      In the past I have sponsored my parents ( retired at that time) visa for B2 and got approved. My wife have also sponsored visa for her parents ( retired as well) visit and they got approval as well. The applicant has to show that they are financially stable and have close ties ( financial and family) to home and they intend to come back...that is all that is required.
      you can file either way and there is going to be a possibility of them being approved, however keep in mind that the VO as mentioned above, will require that your parents show proof of financial stability and close ties to their home country. being the financial ties aspect it may be worth trying to have them self sponsor first and see what happens but that is just an idea. Over all it will be at the VO's discretion as to whether or not they are approved. Best of Luck.
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X