B 2 Visa Rejected - Want to Re-Apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B 2 Visa Rejected - Want to Re-Apply

We had planned this holiday to the US for months, but today the visa application for my live-in Thai g/f for the last 3 year and her daughter was rejected by the US Embassy in Bangkok.

I am holding a valid 10 year US Visa, and I am bearing the cost of the entire trip. I have already booked air tickets from BKK to NYC on June 5 for all 3 of us, these are non-refundable. I have made extensive plans for the trip :

BKK - NYC June 5 ( Confirmed air tickets, NON refundable )

SFO - BKK - July 9 ( Confirmed air tickets, NON refundable )

All these docs were submitted + all the financials - mine and my g/f's.

Needless to say, we submitted all the supporting docs + mine and my g/f bank statements + a Thai bank certifying we are both capable of undertaking this trip.

Last year my g/f and I had vacationed in Greece, Croatia, Germany and Austria for a month.

My g/f has strong family ties, and every month they visit Buddhist temples not only in Thailand but also in India and Myanmar. She has landed property ( owns a 2 storey home, and both her shops buildings in the companies name ) and ongoing small retail businesses in 2 locations in Bangkok, set up by herself 22 years ago.

The 20 Million Baht apartment we live in has been willed to her after my death.

Can you please advise me how to proceed. The officer spent less than 5 minutes with them. His remarks were :

- I am not capable of sponsoring them.

- Why are we spending over a month in the US, and staying in such expensive hotels.

- He didn't even look at the dox.

Can anyone advise me what to do, I am really distraught.

A couple of specific questions :

1) Would it help if we gave a bank guarantee of say $ 100,000 from a local bank, certifying that both my g/f and her daughter will leave the US on July 9, 2018. If yes, who should the bank guarantee be made out to ?

2) The 20 Million Baht apartment we live in has been willed to her after my death, should I attach a copy of the Will.

3) - I have a childhood friend who's been a US citizen since 1984 ( 44 years now ) he has now sent me a sponsorship letter, inviting us to the US, and that he stands guarantee to meet all expenses for our visit, should the need arrive.

4) Is it worth RE-APPLYING with these additional facts ??

Thanks ever so much.

B 2 Visa Rejected - Want to Re-Apply

Even if you are a genuine visitor, the visa officer will always doubt when you plan to stay for over 1 month. For the officer it will seem that you do not have much commitments in your home country. Financial ability does not always help to secure a visitor visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X