Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for interview for parents and in-laws

Hello everyone,

My parents and in-laws are applying for B2 and they will be travelling together. Should we schedule their interview together or separate?
    Also, DS-160 has section "people travelling with you". Should I mention all of them in each DS-160?

Some more info:
    * My parents are retired but have substantial properties in India.
    * My in-laws have more than 6 years of Government job left.

What's your recommendation?

Thank you!
    Rajan

Originally posted by rajanhelp View Post
    Hello everyone,

My parents and in-laws are applying for B2 and they will be travelling together. Should we schedule their interview together or separate?
    Also, DS-160 has section "people travelling with you". Should I mention all of them in each DS-160?

Some more info:
    * My parents are retired but have substantial properties in India.
    * My in-laws have more than 6 years of Government job left.

What's your recommendation?

Thank you!
    Rajan
    If I were the VO, I would probably look at it as a mass exodus, if both sets of parents are applying and traveling together. I think, it's better if you schedule their appointment separately. That way, if one set gets denied (knock on wood!!), the other set still has a chance. Now, if both sets are approved separately (hopefully), I suggest they still travel separately. That way, the CBP at the port of entry, won't get suspicious at 2 sets of parents traveling en masse. But of course, they can travel together, if you want. My preference for parents traveling separately stems from fear of losing both parents, because accidents happen. When my family travel, we don't go on the same flight. One parent would be with me, the other with my sibling/s. But that's just me lol. Of course, once your parents and in-laws get their B2 visa, they can travel however they/you want to.

Good luck!
    Marriage; Concurrent
    11.22.2017: PD
    12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
    12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
    04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
    06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
    07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
    07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
    07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
    08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
    08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval
    09.04.2018: SS Card in mail
    09.05.2018: "We mailed your EAD"
    09.06.2018: "We mailed your GC"
    09.08.2018: EAD/AP Combo card & I-130/I-485 Approvals in mail
    09.10.2018: GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by 4EVER View Post
      If I were the VO, I would probably look at it as a mass exodus, if both sets of parents are applying and traveling together. I think, it's better if you schedule their appointment separately. That way, if one set gets denied (knock on wood!!), the other set still has a chance. Now, if both sets are approved separately (hopefully), I suggest they still travel separately. That way, the CBP at the port of entry, won't get suspicious at 2 sets of parents traveling en masse. But of course, they can travel together, if you want. My preference for parents traveling separately stems from fear of losing both parents, because accidents happen. When my family travel, we don't go on the same flight. One parent would be with me, the other with my sibling/s. But that's just me lol. Of course, once your parents and in-laws get their B2 visa, they can travel however they/you want to.

Good luck!
      Thank you so much for reply, 4EVER.
      Will schedule the appointments separately as per your suggestion.

Thank you again for your insights. You sure have thought of the worst case scenarios and are prepared for that

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X