Is this considered visa fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this considered visa fraud?

I'm going to be enrolled in an online master's program based in the US which does not provide me with an I-20 for a student visa. I will be taking my classes online and do not plan on attending any in-person lectures. However, I would like to travel to the US and make use of all of the facilities and privileges that come with my education (Library etc.) and just explore the city and see some extended family in another state. If I plan to visit on a B2 Tourist Visa with the full intention of not actually going to the classes and have no intention of moving here, is this allowed under the tourist visa or is it still considered "studying"? Is this also a valid explanation to the Immigration officer at the airport?

Originally posted by artemis View Post
    I'm going to be enrolled in an online master's program based in the US which does not provide me with an I-20 for a student visa. I will be taking my classes online and do not plan on attending any in-person lectures. However, I would like to travel to the US and make use of all of the facilities and privileges that come with my education (Library etc.) and just explore the city and see some extended family in another state. If I plan to visit on a B2 Tourist Visa with the full intention of not actually going to the classes and have no intention of moving here, is this allowed under the tourist visa or is it still considered "studying"? Is this also a valid explanation to the Immigration officer at the airport?
    that is absolutely Visa fraud whether the classes are online or in person it is considered studying. and if you tell the VO this while trying to enter on a B2(TOURIST) visa you will be put on the next plane back to your home country. if you're wanting to study in the US apply for a student visa, if you want to be a tourist than apply for a tourist visa.
    Last edited by krypton9591; 06-05-2018, 09:16 PM.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X