Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please I Need help for my weird visa case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please I Need help for my weird visa case!

Greetings everyone
    My question needs an explanation hopefully I can find an answer and close this visa problem once and for all.
    So, I had a long distance relationship with an American , it was a serious one we ended up engaged. After talking for a year and a half she came to visit me .The year after I decided to go visit her and her family, and because it was advised to tell the truth, I said to the consular that I was visiting my fiance and surely will be back after my visit is over . I got denied. I was pissed because I was telling the truth but still got denied. My fiance visited me after my denial 3 to 4 times.
    Long story short, because of distance problems my Fiance and I ended by breaking up. We moved on with our lives. My life is stable now and I have a very good career.
    Knowing That I told the consular what I told him before, can I still apply for a tourist visa or any other type of visa without my record affecting me, or will i be refused and denialed for life? Please need I your advice

Originally posted by Soimeme View Post
    Greetings everyone
    My question needs an explanation hopefully I can find an answer and close this visa problem once and for all.
    So, I had a long distance relationship with an American , it was a serious one we ended up engaged. After talking for a year and a half she came to visit me .The year after I decided to go visit her and her family, and because it was advised to tell the truth, I said to the consular that I was visiting my fiance and surely will be back after my visit is over . I got denied. I was pissed because I was telling the truth but still got denied. My fiance visited me after my denial 3 to 4 times.
    Long story short, because of distance problems my Fiance and I ended by breaking up. We moved on with our lives. My life is stable now and I have a very good career.
    Knowing That I told the consular what I told him before, can I still apply for a tourist visa or any other type of visa without my record affecting me, or will i be refused and denialed for life? Please need I your advice
    Sorry to hear that you broke up because of it, it's definitely not easy trying to maintain long distance relationships.

You didn't specify what country you're from so I will assume that you're from a country that isn't eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, otherwise you'd have tried that instead of applying for a tourist visa in the first place.

So because you were denied a tourist visa that time, it doesn't mean you will be this time. You have to remember the burden of proof is on you to show the consular officer that you don't intend to stay in the US past your authorized period of stay. So to do this you can provide a number of things as evidence.

You can take along to the interview documents that show strong ties to your country. For example, if you own or rent a property or vehicle, take documents to prove this. If you have a stable and positive career as you mentioned, you could take a letter from your employer stating that you have been allowed time off work for a visit and you will be coming back to work after a certain time, you can also throw in some pay stubs with that. And of course you could bring evidence that you have enough money to support yourself for the duration of stay.

Ideally, don't book a longer than necessary vacation, as these are often looked upon with more scrutiny. Whereby generally a vacation may be a week or 2, if you tell them you're coming for a month or 2 you may run into more trouble, unless you can give them a valid reason and proof of why you're visiting for that long.

Good luck and if I missed anything I'm sure someone else will chime in with their advice too.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Thank you Tezza, you've seeded some hope in me. I was afraid that when consulars look my visa application record will see that i said i was visiting a fianc? and refuse my application. Althought, i'm still worried that my previous statements to the consular officer will haunt me , but i will apply again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X