Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for Parents visa 1 yr before, any problems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Parents visa 1 yr before, any problems ?

Hi,

My parents met me last in India 2 yrs back.I am planning to visit India in Dec 2006. Am also planning fr my parents 1st time visa interview around Oct-Nov 2006 for the reason being if they are asked "when did u last meet ur daughter" they can say "2 yrs back" which I feel might be convincing to the VO. My parents r planning to visit USA only after 1 yr frm now. Based on this scenario, I have 2 questions :-

1. Will they be asked questions like "when r u planning to visit USA" and to this if they answer "next yr" will they as asked " why you are applying so early". Can that be a cause fr visa rejection ?

2. If I dont apply fr parents vsia this Nov. 2006 and i visit india in Dec , after that in 3-4 months if they go fr visa interview and asked question "when did u last meet ur daughter" to this if they say "4 months back " will that be tooo short a duration and visa migth get rejected ?

Pls help me with whatever experience u all have. Am in delimna whether to apply fr their visa in Nov 2006 or in 2007. I want them to come to USA around mid-end 2007, but keeping in mind about 2-3 rejections, i was trying to plan ahead.

Thanks a lot for ur help.

Rgds
    Anamika.

Hi,

This could proceed with the intention of Tourism and sight seeing(pleasure trip). Not with the intention of staying with son/daughter.

Thaks
    Navan

Comment

Thanks for your reply. when Daughters sponsors, it does mean staying with daughter apart from Tourism/Sightseeing right ?

What I intended to ask is are there chances of rejection pertaining to how long back or how soon you have met ur child in past ? Also I am going with the assumption that they will get 5-10 yrs multiple entry visa. Is there anyone here who have got their parents visa just fr 6 months or 1 yr ? Does that happen ideally or its always 5-10 yrs multiple entry visa.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Anamika,

I left India on Dec 18th and my parents went for visa interview on Dec 20th. They got their visa without any problem. Ask your parents to tell the truth.

And also if you want them to visit you only next year end, you can take appointment sometime between mar and june 2007.

If the VO asks your parents "when did you see your daughter last?", they can tell the truth and also they can mention that you came only for the vacation and they could not spend more time with you. So they would like to spend time with you and also to visit tourist places.

Good luck

Regards,
        Swetha

Comment

Hi Swetha,

Thanks so much for letting me know about ur dates. It helped. Am glad. I guess I would take appointment for 2007 mid types then. Thanks for ur suggesstion.

Thanks,
          Anamika.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X