Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Purpose of visit

Hi,

My Inlaws mentioned the purposed of visit is to attend the delivery. They filled the D-156 at the local visa center in Bangalore. Would it cause any problem in getting their visa?

Is it OK if we change the purpose of visit now? They got the D-156 application form and had the bar code and sticker attached to it (as they physically filled the D-156 at the local center NOT ONLINE). Can we get one more application and correct the purpose of visit? What about the bard code?

Even if we correct the application they are carrying, would the information be already got entered into the consulate's computer?

Please help...

You should've read all the instructions on immihelp !

To answer your first question, yes, "attending delivery" as purpose of visit is pretty much a guranteed rejection of visa. Have you not been reading all the instructions on immihelp.com ???!? It explicitly states that never mention about delivery !

I guess as long as they haven't submitted the completed forms at the VFS center they can fill in a new form and rip out the bar code from the old form and paste it in the new one.

Don't know the answer to the last question since it depends on what information was entered by the agent at the VFS center in Bangalore. (If he/she took a long time entering the data then the information might already be in the consulate database). Also it depends on what they were told to do with the filled forms that they have with them.

All I can say is hope for the best. They might just get lucky, you never know !

Comment

same case

helow deepthig, i have the same case as you, I made a mistake in form156.. is it ok to make new barcode? & do i have to keep the old one? or as long as I never pass it to the embassy, its not a big deal..kindly help

Comment

Hi all,
        The Visa application of a confirmed visa intreviews can be modified 2 days before the visa interview.

Though Vfs helps the applicant in scheduling the visa interview, they also can do it only thru online application.

You can open the VFS web site and modify the application form by entering relevant data.

The consulate looks only at the final visa applications what the applicants are carrying with them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X