Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed: B2 Visa for parents applying 2nd time

Hello All,

I have received my Green Card recently, and want to apply for B2 visa for my parents. They were rejected first time, while they applied during my green card adjustment of status period.

My Father is a retired professor, and my mother is a housewife. My only sister is married but still lives with my parents. My parents have own house, properties and substantial bank balances, and they brought all the documents related to these with notarized letters. The problem is, the CO did not ask for any questions or documents related to these. After asking why they want to come to US, he went straight to my documents and mostly ask about how I came to US, my current status, my wife's status (who is a US citizen) etc.

My question is, have anybody gone through similar scenario? Also, my father joined to a private company now, does it help if we mention about this? Any kind of suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by tiny_raven View Post
    Hello All,

I have received my Green Card recently, and want to apply for B2 visa for my parents. They were rejected first time, while they applied during my green card adjustment of status period.

My Father is a retired professor, and my mother is a housewife. My only sister is married but still lives with my parents. My parents have own house, properties and substantial bank balances, and they brought all the documents related to these with notarized letters. The problem is, the CO did not ask for any questions or documents related to these. After asking why they want to come to US, he went straight to my documents and mostly ask about how I came to US, my current status, my wife's status (who is a US citizen) etc.

My question is, have anybody gone through similar scenario? Also, my father joined to a private company now, does it help if we mention about this? Any kind of suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Hi if you are a green card holder and your wife is a citizen why you can't apply green card through immigration i.130 it's much easier and faster I did for my parents they got approval with in three months ,interview was in 6 month and in one year they were here

Comment

Originally posted by guddiruby09 View Post
      Hi if you are a green card holder and your wife is a citizen why you can't apply green card through immigration i.130 it's much easier and faster I did for my parents they got approval with in three months ,interview was in 6 month and in one year they were here
      Thanks for your reply. According to USCIS, 'Green card holders (permanent residents) may not petition to bring parents to live permanently in the United States'. And they are my parents, not my wife's. Her parents have got their green card already. So, in that path we will have to wait for at least ~3 years+ processing time of my naturalization. In the mean time, we want them to visit here on B2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X