Few Questions with DS-160 form filling - Aug 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions with DS-160 form filling - Aug 2018

Hi, I'm asking few questions just to make sure nothing has changed in 2018. I've got some unstable answers from google from 2017 posts.

I'm filling up DS-160 for my parents who live in India. I am currently in the US. I will be paying for their application and their travel.
    Kindly help with the questions. Thanks in advance.

Questions:

1. Have you made any specific travel plans.
    If I give "NO" as the answer, Should I give them my "planned" itinerary.

2. Person paying for your trip
    Can I give my name here. Is it ok to do so? or should it be "SELF" as in they are paying.

3. Are there any person travelling with you?
    My father and mother are travelling together. I am going to start with filling my dad application first. I heard both my dad and mom will need separate application.
    So, to answer this question - Do I mention "yes" and specify my mother's name as person accompanying my father ?

4. Are you travelling as part of a group or org.
    My father and mother are travelling together. to answer the question here, what do I mention here.

5. Do you have any immediate relatives?
    What is this question referring to? Are there referring to relatives in the US ?

6. Present Work/Education/Training
    My dad and mom are retired for more than 10 years now. I support them financially.
    Is it ok to mention that they are retired and income is from me ?

7. Employment information for last 5 years.
    Since my dad is retired for more than 10 years, Do I leave this space blank/mention retired.
    or is it required to provide any proof that he worked before ?

Thank you. I know some of the questions might be repeated already.
    But if anything has changed and if anyone has traveled lately, please help with any information.

Appreciate it!

Originally posted by johns View Post
    1. Have you made any specific travel plans.
    If I give "NO" as the answer, Should I give them my "planned" itinerary.
    They mentioned that in various sites that do NOT book your itinerary before you get the visa, hence stick to one answer that you have no planned itinerary.

2. Person paying for your trip
    Can I give my name here. Is it ok to do so? or should it be "SELF" as in they are paying.
    Self sponsoring the trip is always better

3. Are there any person travelling with you?
    My father and mother are travelling together. I am going to start with filling my dad application first. I heard both my dad and mom will need separate application.
    So, to answer this question - Do I mention "yes" and specify my mother's name as person accompanying my father ?
    Yes, mention spouse for both of them.

4. Are you travelling as part of a group or org.
    My father and mother are travelling together. to answer the question here, what do I mention here.
    Yes, mention spouse here as well.

5. Do you have any immediate relatives?
    What is this question referring to? Are there referring to relatives in the US ?
    immediate relative means parents, brothers, sisters & children of the visa applicant. Everyone else is not required.

6. Present Work/Education/Training
    My dad and mom are retired for more than 10 years now. I support them financially.
    Is it ok to mention that they are retired and income is from me ?
    Yes, mention they are retired. Money sent to them by you is not counted as their income. Income can be pension, rent from property (in their name), interest on savings etc.

7. Employment information for last 5 years.
    Since my dad is retired for more than 10 years, Do I leave this space blank/mention retired.
    or is it required to provide any proof that he worked before ?
    Since it is for last 5 years, nothing need to be mentioned.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi,
      we are a family of three, Indian Citizens staying in Canada, as Permanent Residents. When applying for a tourist visa to the US online, I noticed that we need to enter a US contact name. We do not have relatives of friends in the US and we have not made definite plans on what to do when visiting the US. We want to plan once we have the visa.
      If I select " do not know" for the US contact, I have to enter the Organisation name. What shall I enter there? If I put in a name there, then I have to enter the address and phone number of the organization. I am not sure what to enter there. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by nova123 View Post
        Hi,
        we are a family of three, Indian Citizens staying in Canada, as Permanent Residents. When applying for a tourist visa to the US online, I noticed that we need to enter a US contact name. We do not have relatives of friends in the US and we have not made definite plans on what to do when visiting the US. We want to plan once we have the visa.
        If I select " do not know" for the US contact, I have to enter the Organisation name. What shall I enter there? If I put in a name there, then I have to enter the address and phone number of the organization. I am not sure what to enter there. Please help.
        Answered here : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-v...name-in-ds-160
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X