Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents received 221(g) on drop box and current visa cancelled

Hello all,

My parents' existing B2 visa is getting expired on April 2019. Since they wanted to travel to the US by end of the year 2018, we applied for renewal and they were eligible for dropbox.
    They gave the required documents(including old passport with visa and new passport) in Chennai location.

After a week, they received their passport back without renewed new visa. Their existing visa(valid until April 2019) in the old passport was also cancelled.
    They also received 221(g) in which the tick mark is against "Please appear for the interview with a consular officer on and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 10.00 AM to 11.00 AM. Please bring this letter with you to the interview. Do not make a new appointment"

Now that they need to appear for the interview in person, what are all the documents they need to produce when they go. Is that the same set of documents they produced when attending for the first time?
    What kind of questions they might ask since they are going for second time renewal with the 221(g)?
    Why were they given 221(g) in the first place?

Thanks,
    Ajay

It's probably a "re-certification" of their eligibility for B2 visas.

--Ray B

Originally posted by wolverineMS View Post
    Hello all,

My parents' existing B2 visa is getting expired on April 2019. Since they wanted to travel to the US by end of the year 2018, we applied for renewal and they were eligible for dropbox.
    They gave the required documents(including old passport with visa and new passport) in Chennai location.

After a week, they received their passport back without renewed new visa. Their existing visa(valid until April 2019) in the old passport was also cancelled.
    They also received 221(g) in which the tick mark is against "Please appear for the interview with a consular officer on and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 10.00 AM to 11.00 AM. Please bring this letter with you to the interview. Do not make a new appointment"

Now that they need to appear for the interview in person, what are all the documents they need to produce when they go. Is that the same set of documents they produced when attending for the first time?
    What kind of questions they might ask since they are going for second time renewal with the 221(g)?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Comment

Do not worry much to have them attend the interview - they still have high chances getting the visa.

Please have them carry same set of documents as they have taken before 9-10 years. There is no renewal of visa - it is always an re-issue of visa (new application).

It will be more or less the same type of questions, they might have faced during earlier interview.

Since it is an 10 years old visa expiring & needed to be renewed, at times the VO wants to verify that the person is indeed alive & in good health to travel. Also, single parents have problem getting the visa - as they are counted as "potential" immigrants.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi

same situation to my parents as well. Did they attend the interview . ? How did it go? What kind of questions were asked . ? Did they get the visa?

Pl share your experience

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X