Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second term visitor visa for retired parents

Hello all,

My parents' visitor visa is getting expired in APRIL 2019. When we tried to schedule a visa interview for the second term, my parents were eligible for dropbox and they submitted the documents in the location.
    They received the passport along with a 221(g) asking them to appear in person. They cancelled my parent's existing visa as well.

The difference between 2009(the first time they were granted visa) and now is that my father is retired and is 67 years old now.
    I have stated that it will be me who is sponsoring the visa and I am in H1B visa. My sister lives in the US with green card.

Reading the experiences from forums states that, the retired parents in visa interviews for visitor visa has a lower hand, since they might have weaker ties with the home country.
    My father is getting pension and my parents lives in their own home. Other than this, my father has a commercial rental property. My parents have 100% free hospital facilities(thru his work though he is retired) in India and both my grandmothers are alive.
    My parents have visited US several times(until this year April) in their first term but have never overstayed.

Does the above reasons good enough to prove their ties with the home country?

Thanks,
    A

Originally posted by wolverineMS View Post
    The difference between 2009(the first time they were granted visa) and now is that my father is retired and is 67 years old now.

I have stated that it will be me who is sponsoring the visa and I am in H1B visa. My sister lives in the US with green card.
    If possible, have them self sponsor their visa.

Reading the experiences from forums states that, the retired parents in visa interviews for visitor visa has a lower hand, since they might have weaker ties with the home country.
    False

My father is getting pension and my parents lives in their own home. Other than this, my father has a commercial rental property. My parents have 100% free hospital facilities(thru his work though he is retired) in India and both my grandmothers are alive.
    My parents have visited US several times(until this year April) in their first term but have never overstayed.

Does the above reasons good enough to prove their ties with the home country?
    Yes, they still have high chances of getting the visa.

I've also answered on your other thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...visa-cancelled
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      If possible, have them self sponsor their visa.

False

Yes, they still have high chances of getting the visa.

I've also answered on your other thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...visa-cancelled
      My parents have been visiting US for 6 months for the past several years(never exceeded the 180 day mark or never filed for extension or never returned back before the next 180 days.) Would that be a problem?

Comment

My parents have been visiting US for 6 months for the past several years(never exceeded the 180 day mark or never filed for extension or never returned back before the next 180 days.) Would that be a problem?
        Rather, thats a good thing they maintained. What is the problem here?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Rather, thats a good thing they maintained. What is the problem here?
          What I have read in other forums is that, since they were staying in US for full 6 months for the last 5 years or so, the visa officer could treat that as a visa abuse. Is that true?

Comment

What I have read in other forums is that, since they were staying in US for full 6 months for the last 5 years or so, the visa officer could treat that as a visa abuse. Is that true?
            No, leaving before the I94 date is also good & not an abuse. They just need to stay longer in their home country, compare to their stay in USA.

Each year, my friend's parents stays in USA for 6 months (<180 days) & then remaining 185 days of the year in their home country & then back to USA. These they are doing for almost 5 years. Never had any problem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X