Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion regards NAME spell in DS160 Form

Hi All

This is Rabbi and a completely new member of this Forum as well as in the site. I have found this site so much helpful for new people who is planning to apply for Tourist Visa of USA .

I am bit confused about below section of Instruction of DS 160 Form (home page of USTRAVEL DOCS).

===
    DS 160 : Applicants who have names that contain first or middle initials, e.g. A.H.M., S.K.M., etc., should spell out accurately and write it as ?alias surname/given name? in the DS-160 online application. Giving such detailed name information will enable Consular Section to provide you customer service more efficiently. However, failure to provide complete information may impact timely processing of your visa application.
    ====

So in my case my name is as follow ( AS PER PASSPORT). Please note, SK means Sheikh in Bengali language which i have never used in any of my legal docs in the past ( Educational Certificates, Passport, ID Cards etc.)

SK RABBI HASAN

Q 1 : How should i write my name in the form? Following the above instruction of the form do i need to mentioned "SK" as "Sheikh" ? If yes, then it will not match with my Passport and where to write this in the form? If no, then if the VO asked me why didnt i mention it in the form? then what should be my ans....

Q 2 : I have a friend who is a Citizen of USA but living in Kuwait and working abroad (mostly in Asia) and not available in USA to be contacted by anybody in his USA number.

Can I use his details as USA Citizen contacts and use his Kuwait number?

Please advise ASAP as I am near about ready to make a visit plan and apply for Visa. Appreciate all of your support in this regards.

Thanks

Originally posted by rabbi View Post
    Q 1 : How should i write my name in the form? Following the above instruction of the form do i need to mentioned "SK" as "Sheikh" ? If yes, then it will not match with my Passport and where to write this in the form? If no, then if the VO asked me why didnt i mention it in the form? then what should be my ans....
    The name is the DS160 should match exactly as in your passport. In the DS160 itself, there is a place to provide "any other name used" - provide the other name in that area.

Originally posted by rabbi View Post
    Q 2 : I have a friend who is a Citizen of USA but living in Kuwait and working abroad (mostly in Asia) and not available in USA to be contacted by anybody in his USA number.
    What does your Citizen friend has to do with your visa? Is he sponsoring you? If yes, I would suggest to not use him - as he is not in USA to support/sponsor you. On the other hand, self sponsoring your visitor visa will be more helpful to you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X