Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa for Single Parents

Hi -

My father recently passed away and I am looking to take my mother back to the US for a period of 5-6 months. She currently has an existing visa valid till 2023.

There are some concerns I have regarding her successful entry-

1. If asked why her husband isn't here and in any case if we reveal that he has passed away would they deny entry? She does not intend to extend her stay obviously but how do we make it clear to the officer? Does having property in India be the sole determinant?

2. If she stays for 6 months how long will she have to wait to make a trip back again?

3. Would the port of entry/officer understand our situation that she needs to stay with me for the time being during our difficult situation and severe loss?

Thanks!
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Originally posted by Arit Ghosh View Post
    Hi -

My father recently passed away and I am looking to take my mother back to the US for a period of 5-6 months. She currently has an existing visa valid till 2023.

There are some concerns I have regarding her successful entry-

1. If asked why her husband isn't here and in any case if we reveal that he has passed away would they deny entry? She does not intend to extend her stay obviously but how do we make it clear to the officer? Does having property in India be the sole determinant?

2. If she stays for 6 months how long will she have to wait to make a trip back again?

3. Would the port of entry/officer understand our situation that she needs to stay with me for the time being during our difficult situation and severe loss?

Thanks!
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    She has a valid visa, and these questions usually do not come up at POE. Answer truthfully and everything should be fine.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Property in your home country is one of the way to show ties to that land & chances that you'll go back to your home country.
      About your father, ask her not to lie. She can mention that after your father, she don't want to stay alone, hence came to USA to spend time with kids & his family.

Generally, if she stays in USA for 6 months, she should stay in her home country for more than 6 months. For a hassle free re-entry.

It all depends, Do you have any other brother/sister? If yes, they will understand that you are not the only one, where she can try to live with.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X