Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why B1/B2 visa not approved ? When to reapply ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why B1/B2 visa not approved ? When to reapply ?

Hello Everyone,

I want to share things about my B1/B2 Visa Refusal.

First i rejected in 2001 on my very first passport issued when i was 16 yr old. That time myself, with my father and elder brother applied for visitor visa for US. And all were Refused.

Second time rejected on 27-Sept-2018 Last week.

My travel History was Australia(2009-2011) on student visa, HongKong and Macau 10 times visited(2014))
    My wife Travel History was only one country that is HKG(2015). My elder brother sponsored my wife so she stay and support my sister-in-law as she was not feeling well. By that time i was in home town in India.
    Me and my wife applied for US Visa on 27/9/2018. But, were refused.

VO: show passport.
    Me: given.
    VO: why you want to go US?
    Me: we would like to go for tourism.
    After watching my passport saying oh too many visit to Hongkong and said,
    VO: why so many times you travel to HKG?
    Me: I am doing "named"Business. My elder brother living HKG. We also have other company where he is handling there so i had to visit often.
    VO: who is handling?
    Me: my elder brother. ( it was with respect to HKG question i guess.)
    VO: for how long you been in Business?
    Me: Approx 7 to 8 Years.
    VO: Anyone living in US?
    Me: No. We will go in tour package.
    VO: Why you are going to US after long time? (Condition was He was waving his hand towards my passport pages and saying)
    Me: Just for tourism.
    VO: Asked my wife," what do you do?"
    Wife: House Wife
    VO: Are you both working together?
    Me: No.
    After he typed something then saying it dont fulfill the requirement for visa approval and refused finally.
    Me: thank you. (and we left.)

In my DS-160 form, i dont have close relative so i mentioned NO in the form. Also done same thing in my wife form.
    Besides my wife has relative(Uncle) in US. I have my mom's sister's son in US. Also one of my friend living there.
    Though i did not say i have someone in US as we didn't present in thr form also My purpose of travel to US is for tourism so i didn't thought to mention them.

I want to know next time i must say YES that i have relative or friends in US even if i dont visit them? Or i could say NO i dont have close relative or blood relation in US but like i explained above who were my relations to them that could be an appropriate answer? What could be the reason of refusal my visa?

What is the appropriate time to reapply again for US visa? How does it impact for getting canada visa in future if i apply?

Please help me in answer or track where i lost.
    Regards.
    Last edited by cdg85; 10-02-2018, 03:49 AM.

you were denied because you were unable to show strong ties(via family, work, etc..) to your home country. as for your Canadian visa, that is a separate country and their rules for approval have nothing to do with US rules. as for whether or not you should mention family in the US even if you don't visit them, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      you were denied because you were unable to show strong ties(via family, work, etc..) to your home country.
      I have my own resident in india where myself, my parents and my wife are living together. I have my elder brother living with his family in HKG. I had visited HKG for my business trip and come back india as many times i go like i mentioned. Does it mean my ties toward family and work both gone weaker? If yes then why somebody cannot work with other country or if other countries clients want to work with us?

as for whether or not you should mention family in the US even if you don't visit them

I understand that we should always tell the truth. My agent also guided me to answer YES If they ask me if i have anybody in US. But suddenly i checked before interview my DS-160 Form where he selected under immediate relative "DOES NOT KNOW" and Therefore i had given an answer NO that i don't have relatives in US Which i think he must not have a doubt for my statement as a contradiction.

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.
      But when i told them truth that i wanted to travel for tourism when i had been asked a question, "WHY YOU WANTED TO GO TO US AFTER LONG TIME? " I was surprised first based on what context he asked such question. But i was looking at him while he asked that question, he was seeing passport pages and again see me. where number of visits to HKG was many almost 10 times in 2014.

Please review my questionnaire. And guide me where i made mistake in represent something. Besides i selected my mother tongue language and not English.

Comment

Originally posted by cdg85 View Post
        I understand that we should always tell the truth. My agent also guided me to answer YES If they ask me if i have anybody in US. But suddenly i checked before interview my DS-160 Form where he selected under immediate relative "DOES NOT KNOW" and Therefore i had given an answer NO that i don't have relatives in US Which i think he must not have a doubt for my statement as a contradiction.
        I guess this might be the issue - just a guess.

They can easily construct your family tree based on your information.

They have details about your brother living in USA & he provided his parent's details (name, address & DOB) while applying for his visa.

You too must have provided the same in your DS160.

Both of you relating to same parents & then in interview you hiding/lying about any immediate relative.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          I guess this might be the issue - just a guess.

They can easily construct your family tree based on your information.

They have details about your brother living in USA & he provided his parent's details (name, address & DOB) while applying for his visa.

You too must have provided the same in your DS160.

Both of you relating to same parents & then in interview you hiding/lying about any immediate relative.
          My elder brother living in Hong Kong not in USA. I just have my cousin in USA who is my Mom's sister's son. Is he consider my immediate relative or my wife's uncle in USA is my immediate relative?

Comment

Originally posted by cdg85 View Post
            My elder brother living in Hong Kong not in USA. I just have my cousin in USA who is my Mom's sister's son. Is he consider my immediate relative or my wife's uncle in USA is my immediate relative?
            Okay, No. Your mom's sister's son is not at all considered your immediate relative.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

It's very sad. I was also denied a tourist visa a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 4uki View Post
                It's very sad. I was also denied a tourist visa a couple of years ago.
                Sorry to hear that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X