Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents in laws has no taxable income

Hi,
    My husband is sponsoring for my parents. my dad doesn't have any taxable for teh last couple of years. now he started a small business , but lets say it pays cost to cost .

he is renting a office now, has 2-3 employees.
    my parents don't have a house to show, but some land back in the village.my brother stays in mumbai with his family.
    iam the only one here. no other siblings.
    he is getting an interview date of end of NOv in the mumbai consulate.
    by then maybe the business might take off. he shows tax returns of 1L a year.
    so
    my concern is what to write as a present occupation in the form. retired or
    self employed?
    If self employed , then what supporting docs will he need at time of interview.
    any help is highly appreciated.
    thanks a lot

hi,
    anyone there, pls need help urgently.
    any input is helpful.
    thanks

Comment

Farming..

Hi Niti,
      As far as I know, farming is the only or one of the few occupations where you don't have to pay income tax. So your father can't say that he owns a business and does not pay taxes. Even if its cost to cost, there should be some document telling that.
      If your parents have land in a village they can show the documents of the land as their property and farming as the occupation. It doesn't matter if they don't stay in the village. One can have agricultural land in one place and have a residense in another.
      Though its always better to tell the truth and get the supporting documents. As a last reosrt you can mention farming as occupation if you have agricultural land in the village.

Hope this helps,
      Roshni

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X