Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Date of Entry question

Hi and thank you for the help!

Our company is having a holiday party in December in California. One of our employees lives/works in Serbia. He managed to get a B1/B2 VISA to come to our party. His VISA specifically lists the Party, the exact Dates, and the Location on the VISA. However, we're having problems getting him flights on these days. Instead, I want him to get a flight into the US 2 days earlier and out of the US 3 days later. He would fly into/out of JFK and stay with me on the east coast, then fly domestic with me to the party. The VISA is valid until March 2019.

My question is whether this is ok? Will he get turned away because he is coming into JFK (and not LAX) and 2 days earlier, with a return ticket 3 days later? I know we will have to provide additional documentation about his time staying with me, which is not a problem.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tasselfoot; 10-08-2018, 10:32 AM.

Originally posted by Tasselfoot View Post
    Hi and thank you for the help!

Our company is having a holiday party in December in California. One of our employees lives/works in Serbia. He managed to get a B1/B2 VISA to come to our party. His VISA specifically lists the Party, the exact Dates, and the Location on the VISA. However, we're having problems getting him flights on these days. Instead, I want him to get a flight into the US 2 days earlier and out of the US 3 days later. He would fly into/out of JFK and stay with me on the east coast, then fly domestic with me to the party. The VISA is valid until March 2019.

My question is whether this is ok? Will he get turned away because he is coming into JFK (and not LAX) and 2 days earlier, with a return ticket 3 days later? I know we will have to provide additional documentation about his time staying with me, which is not a problem.

Thanks!
    Should not be a big problem. For POE as JFK, he can mention that he got cheaper flight via JFK, hence travelling this route - Have him carry domestic tickets from JFK to CA for the interview.

For the additional days again he can mention that the flights were cheaper for these dates & he will spend some time with other colleagues.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X