Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents Visitor Visa - can it be rejected if I-134 is not provided?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visitor Visa - can it be rejected if I-134 is not provided?

Hello, I have seen a similar thread but wanted to clarify (sorry) -

I have submitted D-160 for my parents B1/B2 visa for the 2nd time as the earlier 10 year visa was expired and we missed 1 year mark. We have received interview date now. I'll be sending the invitation letter and have clearly mentioned in their D-160 that its me (child) who is sponsoring their trip.

I'm a US citizen and wanted to know if we can do without I-134 & supporting documents (bank statements /proof of income etc)??? My parents are old and the I-134 and supporting documents has so many personal details - which I'm really NOT comfortable sending out there - what if it falls under wrong hands or someone mis-uses it - its India after all!

Has anyone encountered a situation where parents Visa was rejected as I-134 & supporting documents was not provided??

Thank you for your comments /advise.

Originally posted by US_Citizen View Post
    Hello, I have seen a similar thread but wanted to clarify (sorry) -

I have submitted D-160 for my parents B1/B2 visa for the 2nd time as the earlier 10 year visa was expired and we missed 1 year mark. We have received interview date now. I'll be sending the invitation letter and have clearly mentioned in their D-160 that its me (child) who is sponsoring their trip.

I'm a US citizen and wanted to know if we can do without I-134 & supporting documents (bank statements /proof of income etc)??? My parents are old and the I-134 and supporting documents has so many personal details - which I'm really NOT comfortable sending out there - what if it falls under wrong hands or someone mis-uses it - its India after all!

Has anyone encountered a situation where parents Visa was rejected as I-134 & supporting documents was not provided??

Thank you for your comments /advise.
    I134 is not a legally bound document & hence not required for visitor visa. 99.99% of the time VO won't even ask for that.

Since, you mentioned that you are paying for their trip, better you provide your proof of income - latest payslip and bank statement (saving account with some thousand dollars) would be fine.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      I134 is not a legally bound document & hence not required for visitor visa. 99.99% of the time VO won't even ask for that.

Since, you mentioned that you are paying for their trip, better you provide your proof of income - latest payslip and bank statement (saving account with some thousand dollars) would be fine.
      Thanks, I'm planning to send invitation letter along with proof of sufficient funds from one of the banks.

Comment

Originally posted by US_Citizen View Post
        Thanks, I'm planning to send invitation letter along with proof of sufficient funds from one of the banks.
        Should be fine enough.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X