Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supporting documnets and questions for inlaws

Hi there
    I am plannning on getting my inlaws hear to the US . But have some concers as to what docs do i need . My background ..
    I filed for my gc and am currently in the 485 stage . I have my EAD now and am working on it as my H1-b visa expired. I have left my previous compnay and joined another compnay after the 6 montns. The new company has not filed my ac21 , they said when required they will file it. But have not done so yet.

Initially my wife came on her h4 visa in the country when my h1b was valid, but now she has moved to f1 visa.

I was wondering in light of my sitaution .
    Will this cause my in laws grief at the consulate , will they be asked why i moved and all that stuff . Would they ask her why did her daughter change her status from h4 to f1 ?

what documents do i need for them ..

Thank you for ur help in advance
    paranoid
    -Ravi

You as a sponsorer should be on AOS which is a valid status... and your wife should be on f1which is also a valid status....
    Either case should not be a problem. Just educate your inlaws with your current status as your passports would show out of status... explain to them what 485 is and EAD is... So that if the officer asks for further documents they are not dumb founded and confused regarding your out of status on the passport!!!

Good luck...
    Everyone before getting the visa is paranoid

Comment

thank you Suco for your prompt reply. Feel a little better now

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X