Question about B2 visa renewal for parents from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about B2 visa renewal for parents from India

Hello. So my parents had a 10 year B2 visa which expired on April 2018. During these 10 years they have visited me 4 times (in 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2015). Based on searching online it seems like that they are eligible for the drop box facility (as 12 months hasn't yet gone by since their last B2 visa expired). I understand that they need to provide their passports with their most recent visa, copy of submission letter, photographs etc. in their drop box envelope.

However, I was curious about whether they would need any documents from me included in their drop box file. Currently I'm on a H-1B visa here in the US as a tenured faculty in a university. I'm specifically wondering if they would need

1. An invitation letter from me?
    2. Any letter from my university stating that I am employed there?
    3. My H-1B approval notice?
    3. My financial statements?

I believe you needed them when they first applied in the B2 visa category, however, I'm not sure if they would need these again with the drop box facility.

Thanks.
    Last edited by joy83; 12-12-2018, 09:00 AM.

For dropbox:
    1. An invitation letter from me? No
    2. Any letter from my university stating that I am employed there?No
    3. My H-1B approval notice?No
    4. My financial statements?No

They might need your employment letter, H1B approval & financial statements if they are asked for interview after drop box.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      For dropbox:
      1. An invitation letter from me? No
      2. Any letter from my university stating that I am employed there?No
      3. My H-1B approval notice?No
      4. My financial statements?No

They might need your employment letter, H1B approval & financial statements if they are asked for interview after drop box.
      Thank you for the prompt answer. I have couple more questions.

1. Is it okay for me to complete their DS-160 form from my computer here in the US? My parents were thinking about hiring some local "travel agency" who specializes in visa/travel related items to several countries to do the visa process. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to hand them all my parent's data (and mine). What do you think?

2. My father is currently retired with a pension, and my mom is a homemaker. They have their personal home and are well to do off in India. Are there any additional documents that I should be aware off that the consulate would need in the drop box folder that shows my parents are financially secure and don't have any plans to settle in the US (which of course they don't)?

3. Any other pointers on this drop box process, so that it goes smoothly? I have never done the drop box visa process before, so was curious.

Thank you again for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by joy83 View Post
        1. Is it okay for me to complete their DS-160 form from my computer here in the US? My parents were thinking about hiring some local "travel agency" who specializes in visa/travel related items to several countries to do the visa process. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to hand them all my parent's data (and mine). What do you think?
        Travel agent won't do anything extra apart of just typing-in your own data into the system. Please fill-in DS160 for your parent yourself.

2. My father is currently retired with a pension, and my mom is a homemaker. They have their personal home and are well to do off in India. Are there any additional documents that I should be aware off that the consulate would need in the drop box folder that shows my parents are financially secure and don't have any plans to settle in the US (which of course they don't)?
        For dropbox, you don't need any documents.

3. Any other pointers on this drop box process, so that it goes smoothly? I have never done the drop box visa process before, so was curious.
        If you are so worried, have your parents visit OFC & drop their passports themselves.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X