Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents visa expiring in Aug..extend now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visa expiring in Aug..extend now?

Hi Folks,

My dads visa is expiring on Aug 2019. And he wants to travel to US in March and returning July 2019.

Does he needs to apply extension before he can travel or he can travel even without extending until Aug 2019? Since he has valid tourist visa till Aug 2019.

I'm just worried if there is any rule which says visa has to be valid for 6 months and more to travel??/

Pls advise.

Thanks
    R

Originally posted by Rubane View Post
    Hi Folks,

My dads visa is expiring on Aug 2019. And he wants to travel to US in March and returning July 2019.

Does he needs to apply extension before he can travel or he can travel even without extending until Aug 2019? Since he has valid tourist visa till Aug 2019.

I'm just worried if there is any rule which says visa has to be valid for 6 months and more to travel??/

Pls advise.

Thanks
    R
    Visa is only for entry. He can present himself to enter the US on any day upto and including the day of expiry.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Visa is only for entry. He can present himself to enter the US on any day upto and including the day of expiry.
      thanks ,sounds like you are saying he can travel until visa expiry.

And whats the best time to file extension??

Pls advise.

Comment

thanks ,sounds like you are saying he can travel until visa expiry.
        Yes, he can travel anytime before Aug 2019.

And whats the best time to file extension??
        What do you mean by extension? I guess you are referring to visa renewal not extension of stay while he is in USA?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Yes, he can travel anytime before Aug 2019.

What do you mean by extension? I guess you are referring to visa renewal not extension of stay while he is in USA?
          Yes thats right..visa renewal not extension..sorry for confusion

Comment

Yes thats right..visa renewal not extension..sorry for confusion
            So you can file renewal anywhere before 6 months of expiry to 6 months after expiry.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X