Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we advance the appt date?

Hi all:
    I took a Web appointment for my parents, for a Visitors' visa at Chennai, and I got the date 6months into the future (Oct 31st, I took it in April last week). Is there anyway, that we can advance the date like to August or September, so that my parents can come here when it's still warm?

My second question is: When taking the appointment through the web, they did not give an option for a translator. And we really really need a telugu translator. How can we get a translator arranged at this point. Can we go to the Office in Hyderabad (Parents live in Hyd) and submit a request for the translator
    Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide.
    Regards
    sm

Originally posted by smovva
    Hi all:
    I took a Web appointment for my parents, for a Visitors' visa at Chennai, and I got the date 6months into the future (Oct 31st, I took it in April last week). Is there anyway, that we can advance the date like to August or September, so that my parents can come here when it's still warm?

No you cannot advance the appointment date all you can do is postpone.
    If you need an early date, you need to cancel the current one and take the new one, but you will have risk of loosing this date as well. So you need to go for this option, only when you are sure about more dates available for the period you are looking for

My second question is: When taking the appointment through the web, they did not give an option for a translator. And we really really need a telugu translator. How can we get a translator arranged at this point. Can we go to the Office in Hyderabad (Parents live in Hyd) and submit a request for the translator

You need to select the language as "Telugu" at the time of making an appointment, if you need a transalator. Now there is no option other than cancelling the current and taking new one with Telugu

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide.
    Regards
    sm
    HTH
    RK
    Last edited by ramkumarkoditala; 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

What's the procedure for picking the translator?

RK:
      Thanks for your responses. When I selected the language on the Web, they wouldn't give any available dates for the appointment. I called them and they said that you can take an appointment on the web, only with English. At that point, I thought English wasn't a big deal, but talking to a lot of friends, and listening to their experiences, I feel that I should take the translator.

You said "Now there is option other than cancelling the current and taking new one with Telugu". What is that option? How do we go about doing this?
      Thanks again.
      sm

Comment

Originally posted by smovva
        RK:
        Thanks for your responses. When I selected the language on the Web, they wouldn't give any available dates for the appointment. I called them and they said that you can take an appointment on the web, only with English. At that point, I thought English wasn't a big deal, but talking to a lot of friends, and listening to their experiences, I feel that I should take the translator.

You said "Now there is option other than cancelling the current and taking new one with Telugu". What is that option? How do we go about doing this?
        Thanks again.
        sm
        sorry... my mistake. it was a typo...
        please read as....

"Now there is no option other than cancelling the current and taking new one with Telugu"
        Thx
        RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X