Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for B2 visa interview second attempt query

Hi,

Here i would like to narrate the first visa interview experience with my in laws for B2 visa, it was quite different and they got rejection under 214 (b) category.
    my father is law is retired servant from Govt office and mother is law is homemaker. They have only son, who stays in USA from last 1.5 years. they applied for USA visa for the first time and went for interview in Mumbai. this is how it goes:

in laws: Gm Sir
    VO: Can i see your passports?
    in laws: passed it with smile.

VO: Are you visiting USA for first time?
    In laws: Yes

(My father in law traveled in other countries, before applying for USA visa.)

VO: Have you travel before out of country?
    Father is law: Yes

VO: what did you do there?
    Father in law: mentioned the country names and famous places he visited.

VO: (Second time)What did you do there?
    Father in law: again explain in detail

VO: (Third time) What specifically you did there?
    Father in law: Again explain everything and told that we explored culture, food and historic places.

VO: (Fourth time) No, What you specifically did there? Did any specific incident happened with you?
    Father in law: nothing specific happened that can be highlighted, it was a good and normal tour.

No documents were asked.

After one minute VO type something on screen and discuss something with the translator and pass the copy of 214(b) rejection. said, Sorry cant approve your visa this time
    in Laws: Thank you and left the counter.

It was weird experience for them as they were not sure why they got rejection. we got the translator in our regional but it did not help.

We applied for 2nd time with same consulate office, SEEKING HELP for 2nd visa interview preparation. My question are as follow:

1) What could be the best answer if they ask why you got rejection for the first time?

2) My father in law explain everything about his previous travel history, still why VO was asking for particular incident or same question four time? how can I make sure that there is issue?

3) is VO able to see any comment/ remark which made him to ask SAME question multiple time because we never had any issue during the past trips.

Thank you!
    Awaiting suggestions.

Originally posted by renu_b View Post
    1) What could be the best answer if they ask why you got rejection for the first time?
    Stay with the truth. Say you really don't know.
    Based on your comments earlier, VO was asking if you misused any of those earlier visits - for example, working on tourist visa, or doing some other business.
    2) My father in law explain everything about his previous travel history, still why VO was asking for particular incident or same question four time? how can I make sure that there is issue?
    Probably our father in law was not able to explain it correctly - or the VO did not understood the response. Language difference.
    3) is VO able to see any comment/ remark which made him to ask SAME question multiple time because we never had any issue during the past trips.
    Its not visible to anyone else, except the VOs. So yes, for your next application, he should be able to see comments from earlier interview.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

The questions in your second query B2 visa interview are quite simple and I think there is a high chance that you will be granted a B2 visa successfully​

Comment

Visa interviews can be quite unpredictable, and it's not always clear why a visa is denied​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X