Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend and her mother on B2 visa

Background:

I am a working professional in the USA on an F1 - OPT Visa. My girlfriend and her mother and planning to come to the US. My girlfriend has a fulltime job in India and her mother is a house wife.
    I have few questions:
    1. How easy is it for my girlfriend and her mother to get a visa?
    2. Is it beneficial if she doesn't specify that she is visiting her boyfriend? She also has a relative in the US who is on H1. IS it beneficial to say that she is visiting the relative?
    3. How should she show that she has ties back to India?

Originally posted by aswathama View Post
    1. How easy is it for my girlfriend and her mother to get a visa?
    Its not impossible, but really difficult for an young lady to get tourist visa. They both need to prove strong ties to home country & show that they do not have immigrant intent.
    2. Is it beneficial if she doesn't specify that she is visiting her boyfriend? She also has a relative in the US who is on H1. IS it beneficial to say that she is visiting the relative?
    Ofcourse, visiting boyfriend shows that you might want to convert your stay to long term. Visiting relative would be better instead.
    3. How should she show that she has ties back to India?
    Dependent parents, property in her own name, good salary etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Dependent parents, property in her own name, good salary etc.
      She only has a dependent mother and the mother will be coming with her. Does that make the case better or worse?

Also, she is in the midst of changing the jobs. This is when she will get a long vacation. Hence, it is difficult to get an employer letter from the previous employer as well as the next one. The next employer is a very renowned American company and her salary is also not that bad. What does one do in this case?

What if she tells that she will be traveling alone with her mother, just for tourism purposes? Is that case appealing? Would she have to book tickets / hotel before her visa interview in this case?
      Last edited by aswathama; 01-20-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

What if she tells that she will be traveling alone with her mother, just for tourism purposes? Is that case appealing? Would she have to book tickets / hotel before her visa interview in this case?
        That is the best option for your situation.

USCIS specifically mentions that do not buy tickets / book hotels until you get your visa - so supplying those won't help much.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I just have one small doubt.

So, my girlfriend was planning to come to the US during the break between her job change. The first company is a local Indian company whereas the new company is a renowned US based company (like Bank of America). She has offer letter from the second company with a handsome pay package.
          Is it safe for her to say that she is in the midst of changing her jobs and now will be joining Bank Of America?
          Or will that go against her saying she does not have a stable job?

Comment

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

I just have one small doubt.

So, my girlfriend was planning to come to the US during the break between her job change. The first company is a local Indian company whereas the new company is a renowned US based company (like Bank of America). She has offer letter from the second company with a handsome pay package.
            Is it safe for her to say that she is in the midst of changing her jobs and now will be joining Bank Of America?
            Or will that go against her saying she does not have a stable job?
            My suggestion would be to wait for sometime, join that company & then apply for visa - it will increase chances of approval - No one can be 100% sure thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              My suggestion would be to wait for sometime, join that company & then apply for visa - it will increase chances of approval - No one can be 100% sure thought.
              Thanks for the suggestion.

However, the timing of application cannot be changed. She won't get holidays in her new job.
              This is the only time frame, i.e. in between the job change.

What do you suggest in this case?

Comment

How does this sound?

What's the purpose of your visit?
                I wanted to go on a solo trip with my Mom to the US before I get married next year. Also, this seems like the perfect time since I'm going to be joining Bank of America and have a 20 days break.

Have you travelled anywhere internationally?
                Yes, I have been to Switzerland and Germany for tourism purposes.

How much do you earn?
                I earn around 15 lakhs per annum.

What if you settle in the US?
                I am getting married next year with a boy who works in India. I also have to take care of my younger brother and have a very well paying job at Bank of America.
                Hence, I would never settle in the US.

How do the above four answers sound?
                Last edited by aswathama; 01-24-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X