Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get my Passport back within a week of US Tourist VIsa (B1 / B2) interview ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get my Passport back within a week of US Tourist VIsa (B1 / B2) interview ?

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, currently residing at Doha, Qatar. Recently my application for my US tourist (B2) was rejected on the grounds that I could not show my strong ties with Qatar as I have working here only for last 11 months. More my family is also not here. So in short I was not able to convince the consular that I would come back. Though I had confirmed tickets with me as well as a letter from my employer that after my US visit I would rejoin the company.

Now I have been advised by many people that I should reapply for Tourist Visa from my home country and alongwith my wife, who stays st Delhi as she is an adhoc Asst. Professor in Delhi University. As both of us are residing in two separate countries so initially we had planned to apply separately.

Its really important for me to get tourist Visa as I have to attend my brother's wedding at US in the month of April this year. So I have planned to go to Delhi next month and apply for the visa from there but my company has approved my leave for only 1 week and that too without pay. So I have to be back to Qatar within 7 to 8 days or be in the risk of losing job and money both. Well my concerns are as follows :

1) If we have through a successful visa interview then generally in how many days they (Us consulate/embassy in New Delhi) return the passport back to us with the US visa stamped on it ?

2) If they take more time or if I come to know that my application has gone for further processing then what is the procedure to get the passport back with or without visa ? How to get it back immediately ?

Thanks
    Ali

- I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X