Help Please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!!!!

I came to US on a visitor visa. Before my visa expired in June 2018, I filed for extension till DEC.13 2018. Still have not heard back. Due to fear of being illegal while waiting for response, I went and filed for I-495 adjustment of status to a green card holder.

Just recently, USCIS notified that they sent me later stating I needed more evidence to approve my visa extension. I never received the mail, so I went online and filed a request. They stated that they cannot provide me a copy due to the time frame being expired to submit documents.

My question is if my visa extension gets denied, will I be illegal the day of my I-94 expired or the day of when they rejected my extension.
    Also since I have a pending I-495 case before they made decision on my visitor visa, will it effect the pending case or will they subject me to deportation when my visa gets denied.

Please help!!!!!

You mention form I-495 but I can't find that, is it I-485?
    Did you file the form because you married a USC?

I have read that people that married USC, even if they overstayed after visa expiration, were able to get the GC. Even get AP to travel outside USA and get back.

Good luck
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Oh sorry yes I-485, there is so many forms I mistook the number.

Its not for marrying a spouse but a sponsorship from my son who is a us citizen. I just happened to extend my stay due to my grand baby, and now I am in this mess. I have a pending I-485 ( application for greencard while in U.S.) while my extension for visit visa might soon be denied making me illegal the day my I-94 expired back in June????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X