B1/B2 POE query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 POE query

I would like to invite my cousin for a 3 month vacation to US. She has a 10 year B1/B2 stamped and had travelled to US 2 years back for business. Even though she has a job now in India, since she is a single unmarried girl, would there be any problems at the POE for her to get entry into US for vacation for 3 months if the sponsor is also single? Am currently on H1 and have all necessary documents to show sponsorship / itinerary etc.

Originally posted by swami
    I would like to invite my cousin for a 3 month vacation to US. She has a 10 year B1/B2 stamped and had travelled to US 2 years back for business. Even though she has a job now in India, since she is a single unmarried girl, would there be any problems at the POE for her to get entry into US for vacation for 3 months if the sponsor is also single? Am currently on H1 and have all necessary documents to show sponsorship / itinerary etc.
    If she is already having the visa, why does sponsorship question comes into picture?
    At POE she may be asked why you are coming to US, where you wld stay? for how long? etc
    HTH
    RK

Comment

B1/B2 POE query

Originally posted by ramkumarkoditala
      If she is already having the visa, why does sponsorship question comes into picture?
      At POE she may be asked why you are coming to US, where you wld stay? for how long? etc
      HTH
      RK
      Thank you, Ram. It was my understanding that even if you have a B1/B2 visa, for entering US as a tourist, you do need to tell at POE who is sponsoring (if self sponsoring or someone else is sponsoring) the stay in US and the return ticket back to India. Is this not correct?
      Also is there a maximum time of stay (3 months is what we are thinking of now) the tourist can ask at the POE ?
      Appreciate your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by swami
        Thank you, Ram. It was my understanding that even if you have a B1/B2 visa, for entering US as a tourist, you do need to tell at POE who is sponsoring (if self sponsoring or someone else is sponsoring) the stay in US and the return ticket back to India. Is this not correct?
        Also is there a maximum time of stay (3 months is what we are thinking of now) the tourist can ask at the POE ?
        Appreciate your reply.
        Well thay may not ask that as the visa was already sponsored, if asked.. tell who sponsored the visa and dont forget to carry such docs.
        They may ask, where you are going to stay and for how long etc.
        Stay always depends on the officer @ POE,
        Generally they may get 6 months on I-94, and if needed you can extend it
        HTH
        RK

Comment

B1/B2 POE query

Originally posted by ramkumarkoditala
          Well thay may not ask that as the visa was already sponsored, if asked.. tell who sponsored the visa and dont forget to carry such docs.
          They may ask, where you are going to stay and for how long etc.
          Stay always depends on the officer @ POE,
          Generally they may get 6 months on I-94, and if needed you can extend it
          HTH
          RK
          Thanks again Ram. The B1/B2 stamp was received when two years back the previous employer sponsored her on a business visit to US. Luckily at that time the visa was stamped as B1/B2 with 10 year validity instead of just B1 - business. Since now the employer is different and this visit is going to be a personal tourist visit to US, i was confused if I should send an itinerary for the period of stay and docs which mention that I will support the expenses during this visit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X