Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Sponsors

Hi,

Can someone please let me know the procedure that we should use if both my husband and I want to sponsor my parents? I would really appreciate that.

Have a great weekend
    Sri

Show joint income in I-134, attach the proof of combined income. Write both of your names in the invitation letter etc.

Comment

Thanks KKK for the response, however, in I134 the columns are marked as I. Should we write both our names in the same form or should we send two separate I134 forms?

Sri

Comment

put either one of ur names (who has more earning) and show combined bank balance if u have joint acct.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Dahlia. Appreciate it. One more quick question on the same lines, my husband earns more than I do. So even in DS 156 should we just mention that he is sponsoring? All our bank accounts are joint accounts, so all the verification letters have both our names on them.

Sorry for too many questions.

Sri

Comment

Yes, it's OK for your husband to put his name in I-134.

Comment

Thanks KKK, I was actually asking about DS156.

Sri

Comment

You can write both names in DS-156.

Comment

Multiple Sponsors

Hi,

We are also looking for more information on the same issue.

My parents will be going for Visa in Dec.We would like to show that both my husband & I are going to be joint sponsors for them.

In DS 156 we currently put my husband's name as he earns more than me.

Can you please confirm if we can put both my husband's name & my name in DS 156 and send 2 I-134s or can we put my husband's name but send 2 I-134s

Any information on this will be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

Both me and my wife, are joint sponsors for my parents, and this is what I did :

1) Put both our names on DS-156

2) Put my name on the I-134, put both our income in the annual income column and indicated in parenthesis that it's me and spouse, put my wife as partially dependent in the dependents column.

3) Put both our names and both of us signed in the invitation letter and letter to Consulate.

4) Sent both our passport and green card copy, both employer's letter, both our paystubs, marriage certificate copy and both birth certificates.

Hope this helps !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X