Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother-in-law visa got refused

Hi All,

I need your advise how to file for mother-in-law's visa second time. Mine may be kind of an unique situation and hence not sure how to do this

I had initiated visa for my mother-in-law on Nov last year. She went to Chennai Embassy and got refused saying that we did not prove that she will come back from US after visiting us. Embassy Officer had not even looked at the documents my mother-in-law carried. He simply looked at information i filled online for DRS I60 form for my mother-in-law and took the refusal decision saying that we did not prove that she would come back.

Now let me tell about my mother-in-law.

My mother-in-law has been in UK for past few few with UK permanent resident visa and she is still holding Indian citizenship
    Her husband (my father-in-law) is a UK citizen and working there.
    My mother-in-law is not working in UK
    Since she is holding Indian passport, I thought applying from India is easier and hence we did that with all the proofs.

Some of the people asking me to apply from UK now because Embassy officer might have thought in different ways and refused visa

Can you please let me know how to apply second time? She doesnt have any assets in UK and they live in a rented apartment. In India, we could have shown some assets but in UK, all she has some bank statements not sure how much balance she has. May be not enough since she is not working. And my father-in-law, he does not need B2 visa since he is a UK citizen and eligible for Visa on-arrival.

Now I would need following details?

We are planning to apply from US Embassy in London, what all documents I can submit
    With above situation, how do I prove she will go back after visiting us. I am planning to show UK bank statements and ticket itinerary (between UK and US). I will keep this in the front cover letter.
    Can you share if there is any other way that I can show to them as proof? like any statement from Attorney?
    Do I need to show the properties in India?

Not sue if there any other people were there in this forum with my same situation.
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Nicky

Originally posted by nikii View Post
    Some of the people asking me to apply from UK now because Embassy officer might have thought in different ways and refused visa

Can you please let me know how to apply second time? She doesnt have any assets in UK and they live in a rented apartment. In India, we could have shown some assets but in UK, all she has some bank statements not sure how much balance she has. May be not enough since she is not working. And my father-in-law, he does not need B2 visa since he is a UK citizen and eligible for Visa on-arrival.

Now I would need following details?

We are planning to apply from US Embassy in London, what all documents I can submit
    With above situation, how do I prove she will go back after visiting us. I am planning to show UK bank statements and ticket itinerary (between UK and US). I will keep this in the front cover letter.
    Can you share if there is any other way that I can show to them as proof? like any statement from Attorney?
    Do I need to show the properties in India?

Not sue if there any other people were there in this forum with my same situation.
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Nicky
    Note that for B2 visa, they look for your strong ties to your own home country. But she already got an PR for UK - showing intention to leave India.

Now since she is an PR holder from UK, I think applying from UK would be better for her.

I would suggest to have her self sponsor her visit to USA - its better to show that she is well to do & wont ask for public funds once she'll be in US.

Property in India can still be shown as assets.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X