Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?

Hi,
    I am an Indian Citizen from New Delhi.
    My 10 year old son is going to visit my Sister [on H4 (spouse) visa] and family to US in his summer vacations this year May. My father and mother are accompanying him on his trip to US.
    I am completing the DS-160 for him.
    I need guidance if I should select yes or no as an answer to this question - > Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?
    I can see that options if I select "Yes" are limited.
    Secondly, I also want to know if I should apply for B1/B2 or just B2.
    Thanks so much. Prompt reply will be appreciated.

Originally posted by gauravsaini View Post
    I need guidance if I should select yes or no as an answer to this question - > Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?
    I can see that options if I select "Yes" are limited.
    The question says any "immediate" relative - which means parents, real brother/sister and/or children only. rest all relatives are secondary. So you need to answer "No" for the kid, but "Yes" for you.
    I guess the purpose of this question is to judge, if anyone in USA can sponsor the applicant for immigration.
    Originally posted by gauravsaini View Post
    Secondly, I also want to know if I should apply for B1/B2 or just B2.
    B1 is for business & B2 is for tourism. Since your son will be travelling for tourism purpose only you should apply for B2 only, however quite possible that he will get B1/B2 visa stamped.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X