Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother reapplying for visitor visa after being rejected in January - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother reapplying for visitor visa after being rejected in January - Advice needed

Hi,

My mother is reapplying for her visitor visa to attend my graduation in May. She was rejected when applying together with my father and my younger brother back in January of this year. We have tried to speculate what the reasons for rejection could be - I talked to my immigration lawyer and we think it could be because everyone in my family applied together and I have a green card, so the officer probably thought they would just stay in the US and not come back. Hence, this time, only my mother is applying. There's virtually no change in her application except that fact; we prepared every kind of document needed last time and the officer didn't even ask for them during the interview. I want to ask:
    1. What else could we do to increase her chance of getting approved? I thought about writing a letter to my Senator/Congressman but due to my mother having to schedule the interview very soon, I don't think there will be enough time to do that.
    2. I also have a question about the DS160 form, where it asks who is paying for the trip. Last time my mother put self-pay because she has enough money in her bank account, but she's always been a housewife and the money comes from savings and my father's income over the year. This time, because my father is not applying with her, we think she could still bring his proof of income as a way to explain it, but on the DS160 form I don't know if she should put her or my father as the person paying, as you can only choose one, and I'm wondering if it might be better to choose my father as it shows that she's financially dependent on him.

I'd appreciate any suggestion. Thank you.

Originally posted by kenzie1203 View Post
    1. What else could we do to increase her chance of getting approved? I thought about writing a letter to my Senator/Congressman but due to my mother having to schedule the interview very soon, I don't think there will be enough time to do that.
    Just stay with the truth & tell your mom to present the reason properly.
    Senator/Congressman letter won't help much.
    Originally posted by kenzie1203 View Post
    2. I also have a question about the DS160 form, where it asks who is paying for the trip. Last time my mother put self-pay because she has enough money in her bank account, but she's always been a housewife and the money comes from savings and my father's income over the year. This time, because my father is not applying with her, we think she could still bring his proof of income as a way to explain it, but on the DS160 form I don't know if she should put her or my father as the person paying, as you can only choose one, and I'm wondering if it might be better to choose my father as it shows that she's financially dependent on him.
    Its a legitimate case, that she can have lots of money in saving even being a house wife.
    Let her self sponsor - as it shows that she is well to do in her home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Just stay with the truth & tell your mom to present the reason properly.
      Senator/Congressman letter won't help much.

Its a legitimate case, that she can have lots of money in saving even being a house wife.
      Let her self sponsor - as it shows that she is well to do in her home country.
      Thank you for this advice!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X