Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names mismatch between Passport and other documents

Hi All,

My parents are planning to visit US. The B2 Process is not started yet. The names in my father documents (Passport vs other supporting documents) are not matching (Both first and last name).

Questions

1) In DS160, should they select the option as Yes for the 'Other names used'

2) Should they go for the Affidavit (Notary), stating that, it's names mismatch but same person called with multiple names

Pls clarify
    Test

Originally posted by harinap518 View Post
    Hi All,

My parents are planning to visit US. The B2 Process is not started yet. The names in my father documents (Passport vs other supporting documents) are not matching (Both first and last name).

Questions

1) In DS160, should they select the option as Yes for the 'Other names used'

2) Should they go for the Affidavit (Notary), stating that, it's names mismatch but same person called with multiple names

Pls clarify
    What do you mean by not matching - is it a spelling mistake or a complete name change?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

It's like this
      In his passport ----- Madhavaiah
      In his all other documents --- Madhanasekar

This is not the actual name I mentioned above but for reference I provided these
      Test

Comment

It's like this
        In his passport ----- Madhavaiah
        In his all other documents --- Madhanasekar

This is not the actual name I mentioned above but for reference I provided these
        Okay, so this won't count as a spelling correction. You need to prove that both name belongs to you.

So, yes, please fill in the name in passport in DS160 & other name as well.

Ask them to keep some sort of documentation, proving both names belong to him. For example, two different photo IDs showing identical face, but different names.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Is there any conflicts/risks if we select Yes for "Other Names used?" in DS160 from Visa Interview side

When should we select this option?
          Test

Comment

Is there any conflicts/risks if we select Yes for "Other Names used?" in DS160 from Visa Interview side

Could you please reply to this question. Thanks in advance
            Test

Comment

No risk at all, normally this column is for spouse who change their last name post marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                No risk at all, normally this column is for spouse who change their last name post marriage.
                Thanks for your response again.
                So for my Father, I will fill the DS160 like below

1) Name in the first page of DS160 : Madhavaiah --- This name is only In his passport.

2) I will select Yes for "Other Names Used" and I will enter the name as "Madhanasekar". This name is as per my Passport DadName field and as per his other documents

Pls Let me know, if this is what I should proceed with
                Test

Comment

Thanks for your response again.
                  So for my Father, I will fill the DS160 like below

1) Name in the first page of DS160 : Madhavaiah --- This name is only In his passport.

2) I will select Yes for "Other Names Used" and I will enter the name as "Madhanasekar". This name is as per my Passport DadName field and as per his other documents

Pls Let me know, if this is what I should proceed with
                  Thats correct. To add to that (and to avoid any confusion). The name you put in DS160 "main" name field will be printed on their visa.

The name in passport, visa & flight ticket should always match at the time of travelling. And at that time no one cares about what is the other name in DS160 & what is there in other documents.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                    Thats correct. To add to that (and to avoid any confusion). The name you put in DS160 "main" name field will be printed on their visa.

The name in passport, visa & flight ticket should always match at the time of travelling. And at that time no one cares about what is the other name in DS160 & what is there in other documents.

Hope this helps.
                    Excellent. Since I am going to mention the DS160 main name field, as per the name in his Passport, the VISA also will be on same name.

Thanks much for all your quick responses.
                    Test

Comment

Excellent. Since I am going to mention the DS160 main name field, as per the name in his Passport, the VISA also will be on same name.

Thanks much for all your quick responses.
                      Best of luck !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X