Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property and Tax Docs

Hi,

My Father is retired 4 yrs back. He has a house of his own valued at Rs 30 lac. Has savings in Post Office (~10 lac) and couple of lacs in bank account. He does not have any source of income other than interest from bank and Post Office. He does not file income tax return.

1. My question is, with these assets (and no other source of income) and no tax return documents, would it be any issue getting the Visa. If yes, how can we improve the odd?

2. In addition to the property docs, do we require some certificate from Architect etc certifying the current market value of the house? or an affidavit stating the current market value should be sufficient.?

My parents would be going to Delhi consulate.

Thanks

If he is retired, he should be getting some pension?? If not also its ok as far as u can show the interest income with ur passbook or any other docs proving that.

U should have a property affidavit notarised by a certified CA.

Comment

Further to this thread,

Having bank balance in Lakhs and not showing that in Tax Return is the scenario even my father has. Thou he files tax fr the pension he receives (1lakh annually), but in that tax filling, he doesnt show other bank balance/mutual funds/investments. Can those bank balances/investments also can be shown fr visitors visa or not ???
      Appreciate expert response.

Thanks.

Comment

Its not mandatory to show tax returns. You only need to assure binding ties to India, and income, from the point of view of the visa officer is a good way of proving it. Show any other strong binding tie that will ensure their return.

Comment

Thanks Dahlia for your response. But am more confused now, I remember reading here in some postings that parents shud not furnish stuffs fr which they dont file Tax Return, Visa officer will think, this person is not loyal to his own country leave apart he being loyal to USA. So people who have got their parents visa done, Pls suggest, is it good to give all bank balances which parents show in tax return or we can give those details even if they r not shown in Tax Returns. Pls help.

Comment

I don't believe tax returns are that imp. (Its my personal view). I didn't submit tax returns for my parents and in-laws and all got visas. If ur parents have enough bank balance/income that can be shown in the tax. return, u should show it. The other alternative is for those who have not much balance/income thats showing the tax. returns.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Dahlia. I was under the impression that Parents should show Tax Rreturns if they are filling for it. Now from ur opinion, looks like even without showing Tax Retruns, they shud be good to go fr visitors visa
              Thanks so much fr clarifying this.

Comment

Originally posted by niasa
                Thanks Dahlia. I was under the impression that Parents should show Tax Rreturns if they are filling for it. Now from ur opinion, looks like even without showing Tax Retruns, they shud be good to go fr visitors visa
                Thanks so much fr clarifying this.

r u sponsoring or they r sponsoring for themselves!!!

Comment

I am on H1B and I would be sponsoring fr them . Does that make any difference ?

Comment

For the following scenerio, does it appear to be a stromg enough tie:

1. Both sons in US on H1B
                    2. Only daughter married, last yr. In India.
                    3. Own house ~30 lac. 14 lac, cash etc.
                    4. Retired 4 yrs back and spouse is housewife.
                    5. One of the sons is sponsring the visit.
                    6. No other source of income, other than interest.
                    7. Sons send some money from US, from time to time (but that does not need to declared, I guess).

Please suggest.

thanks

Comment

Better not to mention that sons are sending money that makes them they are depending on you.As both sons are in US and father is retired ,provide some strong details for the reasons they can go back.And also they might ask you about the source of income.
                      Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X