Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent information needed - Visa appointment..please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent information needed - Visa appointment..please help!

Hello all,
    My parents wish to attend a conference in US in Sep '06. I have a few questions & need urgent information:
    1. They came to know of the conference just this week & really want to attend, so can they take 'Emergency Appointment' at the US consulate for the visa?
    2. Which visa should they apply for? (My father is retired, mother still works, both will be attending the conference).
    3. If they are coming for their conference, do I need to provide them with "Sponsor" documents? Will it help?

Any information in this regard will be greatly appreciated, as I am not sure whom to contact about this within a short span of time.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Bhuvi,

I do not think they will issue emergency visa for purpose of attending the conference. it is issued just for the real emergency such as medical or college starting etc. you may want to double check.

they will have to apply for the visitor visa and yes they do need the sponsor paper for who ever is sponsoring them

I hope it resolves before Sept.

Comment

Thanks 'Sandparu' for the quick reply. Can you please let me know with whom can I double-check?? Also, if anyone else can shed more light on this situation, please advise...need help urgently!

Comment

attending conference is not an emergency and I don't think u will get an appt before september. They need the B2 visa and u have to follow the normal procedure for that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X