Please help on making good cases on the visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help on making good cases on the visa interview

Background info: My spouse and I are GC holders, I have been in US for the past 8 years. My spouse has been in India since Jan'06 for a personal commitment. I am planning to bring my in-laws along with my spouse. FIL is a business man. MIL is a housewife.

In DS-156, I have mentioned the purpose of the trip as 'Tourism and Family Visit.

Question 1: Is it ok to put 'Tourism and Family Visit'? What would be the appropriate answer if they ask when did you see your daughter? I am not sure how to make a strong case that it is a Family Visit and Tourism when my spouse is in India during their interview?

Question 2: I can put their visit is only 'Tourism', but that doesn't make sense because they will be staying with us. Please help.

Question 3: They are planning to come to USA in Sep'06. There is no any specific reason for them to come during September. The only reason is that their visit has been a long due, and also they got visa appointment only in August. What would be the appropriate answer if Visa officer asks why you are going now?

I would really appreciate your suggestion/help.

Thanks,
    Virudhun
    Last edited by virudhun; 07-18-2006, 03:23 AM.

Please advise>> In-laws have visa interview in few days

Background info: My spouse and I are GC holders, I have been in US for the past 8 years. My spouse has been in India since Jan'06 for a personal commitment. I am planning to bring my in-laws along with my spouse. FIL is a business man. MIL is a housewife.

In DS-156, I have mentioned the purpose of the trip as 'Tourism and Family Visit.

Question 1: Is it ok to put 'Tourism and Family Visit'? What would be the appropriate answer if they ask when did you see your daughter? I am not sure how to make a strong case that it is a Family Visit and Tourism when my spouse is in India during their interview?

Question 2: I can put their visit is only 'Tourism', but that doesn't make sense because they will be staying with us. Please help.

Question 3: They are planning to come to USA in Sep'06. There is no any specific reason for them to come during September. The only reason is that their visit has been a long due, and also they got visa appointment only in August. What would be the appropriate answer if Visa officer asks why you are going now?

I would really appreciate your suggestion/help.

Thanks,
    Virudhun

Comment

Invitation letter to consulate is not a mandatory documents but it helps.

Basically that is a document in which you can summerise why they are visiting, why they will go back to india, what is the status of sponsorer and any explaination for special case like reason for earlier rejection etc.

If we keep this letter on top of all docs, sometimes VO reads the whole doc. and he will get overall idea. Sometimes parents are not able to explain ties back in india elobrately. ( there are many reasons like they did not have enough time, they say something which they are not suppose to say or need to say in different way, translator messed up the communication etc.)Whereas you can very clearlly specify all the points in doc. and convince VO easily with the help of doc. We all know that written communication is more clear and precise than verbal.

Wishing you all the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X