Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice-problem

Hi to the seniors of this forum,

My parents have an appointment for their visit visa next month. My husband was going to sponsor them but due to some personal problems, he refuses to sponsor them. I am very sad & depressed. I want to bring my parents to US as I cannot go to India for the time being. Is there someway they can self sponsor themselves ? They have property around Rs 60 lakhs & fixed deposits around 15 lakhs. If they have to self sponsor, I believe min of 10 lakhs have to be shown in savings a/c for a period of 6 months ? Is it so ? Will just 10 lakhs in sb a/c be enough for both the parents ? Can't 10 lakhs be deposited 2 months prior to the interview date ? I can suggest my parents to break their FDs & put the amt in SB. I am willing to postpone the present appointment too if required. Pls advice me accordingly.

Originally posted by geet95
    Hi to the seniors of this forum,

My parents have an appointment for their visit visa next month. My husband was going to sponsor them but due to some personal problems, he refuses to sponsor them. I am very sad & depressed. I want to bring my parents to US as I cannot go to India for the time being. Is there someway they can self sponsor themselves ? They have property around Rs 60 lakhs & fixed deposits around 15 lakhs. If they have to self sponsor, I believe min of 10 lakhs have to be shown in savings a/c for a period of 6 months ? Is it so ? Will just 10 lakhs in sb a/c be enough for both the parents ? Can't 10 lakhs be deposited 2 months prior to the interview date ? I can suggest my parents to break their FDs & put the amt in SB. I am willing to postpone the present appointment too if required. Pls advice me accordingly.
    I dont think there is need for the amt to be in savings a/c, I think they are good to for self sponsoring...dont plan to do deposits just for interview sake..
    All they need is to provide strong ties, (family, financial, work) which makes them go back to India.
    HTH
    RK

Comment

Dear Mr.Ram,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I have one more question. In this case, now, what type of documents do they need to carry ? Should they be self sponsorship documents ? Do I still need to send any of my papers ?

Comment

Originally posted by geet95
        Dear Mr.Ram,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I have one more question. In this case, now, what type of documents do they need to carry ? Should they be self sponsorship documents ? Do I still need to send any of my papers ?
        Refer: http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...uments+sponsor
        HTH
        RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X