Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's affidavit - whether to write mother's property details or not

Hello Immihelp veterans!

Thanks for answering my previous questions.

I was thinking about what to write in my mother's affidavit. She is a house wife but she has LIC and CDs on her account, thats quite large amount. Should we mention these documents in both mother and father's affidavit? My father was the only money making person.

Please guide me,

Thanks!

Family photo reaquirement at Mumbai consulate

I was going through some other posts and read that few people were asked about family photo, is it required to carry family photo at Mumbai consulate?

Please let me know,
    thanks!

Comment

Write whatever father has in father's affidavit.
      Write whatever mother has in mother's affidavit. If they are going for an interview together, everything will be looked at together.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Immihelp for your response.

How about preparing joint affidavit of property of my parents and then write in my father's affidavit 'My wife and I've YYYY amount of property' and vice versa for my mother? Is that good?

and how about family photographs? Are they required for Mumbai consulate?

Comment

Originally posted by usvisa2006
          Thanks Immihelp for your response.

How about preparing joint affidavit of property of my parents and then write in my father's affidavit 'My wife and I've YYYY amount of property' and vice versa for my mother? Is that good?

and how about family photographs? Are they required for Mumbai consulate?
          Carrying a “family photo” is just an additional document to show family ties, so I asked my in-laws to carry it. (Just a note: carry the family photo if any of the children are in India.)
          Well it does not matter which consulate they are going to as all the VOs may be looking for family ties in India to make sure that applicant will be returning to India after the allowed period.
          HTH
          RK

Comment

Thanks RK!

Since both of us are in USA, our Aunt and cousin stays just next door, I think I can ask my parents to take their photographs, is that good (since you said carry the family photo if any of the children are in India) ?

Thank you so much for the help!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X