My In-Laws Visa application 2nd Time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My In-Laws Visa application 2nd Time.

My In-Law's visa got refused this month on 20th. They were asked too many questions and finally they got stuck at one question where they were unable to answer the right city name where they were landing.

I am not sure if the reason of rejection was this question or the 4 months period on the application form. The application had the reason of visit as Family visit and tourism. They were also questioned few times how long they intend to stay in US. They answered 4-5 months. VO asked why so long. My In-Laws answered both my son-in-law and daughter works and whenever they will get time we will visit a place and US is such a big country it will take time to see all the good places. I don't think VO was convinced.

I am planning to reapply again. I have few very important questions to ask which will help me make a clear case this time.

1. What should I mention this time on the application? 4 months seemed quite long to the VO. Should I say 2 months or 1 month is the safest time?

2. My Father-In-Law is a retired Army personnale. In addition to my wife he has a son (only works on temporary jobs), a daughter-in-law and two grand child in India and they also own a home. Should he be saying their son is dependant on him or he is dependant on his son to show a strong tie?

3. I and my wife both work. I have a strong financial status and that's why I am sponsering. My wife also earns well and has enough balance in the bank to sponser her parents. If the VO asks why is your son-in-law sponsering not daughter what should they say?

Answers to these 3 important questions can really make the difference and help me make a better case this time.

I am really greatful for your time and response.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Last edited by snseeda; 08-01-2006, 12:24 AM.

4 months time frame is alright if you can justify it. Typically people on this forum seem to recommend 3 months. Something to the effect that when you go to India you only get 2-3 weeks off and if they come here they can spend quality time with you. Also highlight the strongest tie that your brother in law is in India and in Indian tradition parents should live with son and cannot live forever with daughter's family. Also its good to have a picture with them that shows your B-I-L's family and them together.

All the very best
    Sri

Comment

My In-Laws Visa application 2nd Time.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. They make a lot of sense.

I would be really greatful if you suggest me an answer for the 3rd question.

3. I and my wife both work. I have a strong financial status and that's why I am sponsering. My wife also earns well and has enough balance in the bank to sponser her parents. If the VO asks why is your son-in-law sponsering not daughter what should they say?

I want them to be here for at least 6 months. If I say 3 months is there a possibility that they will get only 3 months visa?

Thanks a bunch
      snseeda

Originally posted by gouthamsri
      4 months time frame is alright if you can justify it. Typically people on this forum seem to recommend 3 months. Something to the effect that when you go to India you only get 2-3 weeks off and if they come here they can spend quality time with you. Also highlight the strongest tie that your brother in law is in India and in Indian tradition parents should live with son and cannot live forever with daughter's family. Also its good to have a picture with them that shows your B-I-L's family and them together.

All the very best
      Sri

Comment

Actually we were in the same situation a month ago as you are now. I work full time as well and make a very competitive salary but my husband earns more than I do. However after we filled all the applications we realized that there is no mention of my name anywhere, so we modified DS 156 and said that both Daughter and Son-In-Law are sponsoring their trip. We created 4 I 134 forms (not sure if you have to do it, but just to be on the safe side we did it). I created two forms one for my mother and one for my father and my husband created two as well. On each of the forms we mentioned the amount of self salary and joint income as well. The caveat is that the Visa officer did not even bother to take a look at any of these docs!!!

Good Luck
        Sri

Comment

Our's case was also same as your(only diff my Dad is not army personal)
          Myparents visa got rejected in Jan for which my Husband sponsered.
          My parents have One son and daughter-in-law in India with them.
          First time we took appointment in English and my Dad became
          little nervous.
          Second time we took appointment with gap of 4 months and in
          native language.All the conditions remained the same as previous
          and they got the visa.This time my Husband had highlighted
          on Brother's family etc( Parents carried photos of Brother's family.)
          and Co did not see anything.

First time we had mentioned 6 months , second chance we
          made it 4 months.My Dad is also retired and second time they
          just asked 4-5 questions and none to mom.

Best of luck.

Comment

Help with senator letter

My mom's visa was rejected 3 times before. Iam an only child. My father has a valid b1/b2 visa. My husband and I are permanent residents. The last 3 times my husband was the sponsor . This time around my mother is going to sponsor herself (i.e my father and her as the sponsors).
            I was wondering if a senator letter would help her case. How do I go about obtaining it and what should I request for ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X