Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Visa official check previous forms 156/157 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Visa official check previous forms 156/157 ?

Hi Everyone,
    I have recently joined a US based company. They want me to come to New York for training on business visa. I'm getting ready my forms and trying to get a date for appt at chennai us consulate.

My visa has been rejected once before (@ 3 years back) when I wanted to go to US to visit my brother. My brother still lives in USA and I'm afraid if I write that I have a brother in US in form 156, my visa might get rejected once again.

So I have these questions:
    1. Do they check previous forms or do they have record of why I wanted to go to US last time?
    2. Should I write there is no one in USA?
    3. If I write my brother is a perm resident in US, would it affect my visa approval adversly?

Please share your experience if you have been in similar situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks..
    Last edited by scorp3175; 08-12-2006, 07:14 PM.

I would recommend to be honest and declare that your brother is here. Since you are coming for a job it should be OK. Besides, no one ever knows what the consulate has access to and so it is always safe to say the truth. If you lie and get caught you might hurt your chances of getting any kind of visa at any time in the future.

Good Luck,
    Sri

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X