Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing the language fro Interview

Hi -

My MIL have an interview for visitor visa on 18th August. I am curious will she be allowed to choose language for interview? if yes, when they (interviewer) will ask to choos the languae for interview? Can she choose Hindi as the medium for interview?

Any information on this will be helpful.
    TT

Language for the interview has to be selected while taking the appointment itself i.e if u have taken appointment thru online U will have a drop down choice to select the language. It wont be always possible to ask for the interpreter once she is in the interview hall.

Comment

Choosing language for Interview

Thanks for your information.I have taken appointment in online and I do not remember the language I have choosen for interview, though Hindi will be highly preferable over english.

Is there anyway to find out which I language I have chosen for the interview while taking appointment. If I have chosen english by mistake, is there anyway I can change that now?

Any information on this will be highly appreciated?

Thanks,
      TT

Comment

Language chosen will be mentioned in the interview letter. There is no way to change the language option once taken. You can request for interpreter in the interview hall but i have seen some cases which are denied based on this reason and also there are some cases which are successfully assigned the interpreter.

Comment

Choosing language for interview

Thanks again for your valuable information. I have gone through the appointment letter .....nothing mentioned about the language I have chosen for the interview. Does that mean I have selected english as the language for interview?

Thanks,
          -TT

Comment

Can u tell us which consulate u took appointment with? I mean is it Mumbai , Chennai etc

Comment

Choosing language for interview

My MIL have interview in Delhi Counslate.

Thanks,
              TT

Comment

Some consulate (delhi, Kolkata) are not offering to choose the language for interpreter at the time of taking the appointment.

So, I am curious how they will handle if somebody wants to take language interpreter. Do they have to ask for the interpreter on the spot itself???

Please let me know because my mother also needs language interpreter. How to choose that if that option is not available online while taking the appoinment.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mits
                  Some consulate (delhi, Kolkata) are not offering to choose the language for interpreter at the time of taking the appointment.

So, I am curious how they will handle if somebody wants to take language interpreter. Do they have to ask for the interpreter on the spot itself???

Please let me know because my mother also needs language interpreter. How to choose that if that option is not available online while taking the appoinment.

Thanks.
                  Ref http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...ght=translator for details
                  HTH
                  RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X