No Life Insurance to fill on I-134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Life Insurance to fill on I-134

I am in the process of filling the I-134 to sponsor my parents and realized that I do not have any life insurance in the US? What should I do? Is this a criteria or a factor for granting tourist visa? Would you suggest I immediately buy life insurance? If I buy the policy now, will it not seem that I purchased life insurance solely for I-134 purpose only?

Thanks
    Ash

We did not have life insurance either. We just have whatever our company provides and we did not fill in anything in that column. It is OK to leave it empty.

Sri

Comment

GowthamSri and Others,

I just filled the I-134 for my parents and mentioned the life insurance amount that my employer provides ( = 1 x salary). The next question asks for the 'cash surrender value' of the life insurance. I honestly do not know what the 'cash surrender' value means. Is this the same as the amount of life insurance? Should I contact my HR or the benefits department to know what the cash surrender value for my policy is?

Please advise.

Thank you,
      Jaya.

Comment

I don't think you need to fill any value in that column.

Generally we get insurance from employer. Its for us but not owned by us. You can fill zero for life insurance. And it doesn't make any difference as far as visitor visa is concerned.

No legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X