Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother's visitor visa was refused under section 214(b) .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother's visitor visa was refused under section 214(b) .

On 17th August 2006, my mother's Visitor Visa was refused under section 214(b) at Chennai, India.

The Visa Officer asked 5 questions, the questions are

1. What is the purpose of the Visit?

Ans. To meet my son, daughter-in-law, grand son and to visit near by places.

2. Who is there in US?

Ans. My son

3. How may kids do you have?

Ans. 5, four boys and one girl.

4. Is your daughter married?

Ans. Yes

5. Where is your son working?

Ans. America

Then the officer told my mom, you can not go to USA.

The officer only looked at Appointment letter, DS-156, DS-157, and DD for Rs.4600.00, Passport, and Photograph.

The officer hasn’t looked at any of my mother's document and my supportive document. The officer made decision only by looking at DS-156.

My mother attached her property document, total value of the property and the revenue she gets from the property, pension book and bank passbook, affidavit from my mother, brothers and sister.

From my side, I gave all the papers.

About my mom, she is single (widow).

About me, I'm a green card holder, married and have 3 years old son.

Any thoughts, ideas ... what to do next time?

Thank you.

Is it the 1st time your mom applied?

For widow's I think they just reject it initially. Just assume that they could be potential immigrant and reject under 214(b).

I think they should look all the paper work. They did same with my mom too. That's really injustice to widow's.

Just keep trying.....

Comment

Hi Viki,

Thanks for your info. This was the first time.

When did you mother went for the interview? Have you tried after the first attempt?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes. I tried twice. Last year she applied 2nd time. Still not loosing hope..
        Going to apply for 3rd time in Feb07.

Both the time I provided all the paper work. Property paper work, House ,Land . Her bank balance. I have younger brother who is still in college.So she has some responsibility.

First she was working then she was retired then also these guys have problem b'coz now she is retired.

I don't understand what else these guys want. They didn't even look at the paper work. That really frustrates me.

Comment

cover letter and recommendation letters

My mother went for 3 times and she got 10 years visa. for the last time, I send her a cover letter mentioning ties in india and her responsibilities. I asked her to get 3 letters from Govt employees we knew to support her word that she will be coming back instead of staying.

When someone say they have grandson/grand-daughter immediately VO thinks that you are going for baby sitting so try to focus on tourism and mention them your grand kids go to daycare.

please let me know you need any help with further information.

Comment

Hi Needanswer,

Can you give the format of the letter? I have one question, first the VO asks for the appointment letter, applicaiton fee, DS-156 and 157. I don't know the process completely, can you tell me when your mother produced the letter.

In my mother's case, the officer rejected without verifying the documents.

Thanks.

Comment

I am also interested in the letter. Can you send us the format?

Thanks,
              Viki

Comment

Viki And Oviyan - This May Help U -

Originally posted by oviyan03
                Hi Needanswer,

Can you give the format of the letter? I have one question, first the VO asks for the appointment letter, applicaiton fee, DS-156 and 157. I don't know the process completely, can you tell me when your mother produced the letter.

In my mother's case, the officer rejected without verifying the documents.

Thanks.
                DATE

From,

To,
                The American Consulate General,

Sub:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, -----, work as ---------for ----------- with an annual income of ---------. I would like to invite my ----------, to visit us for ------ months.

The purpose of his/her visit is purely tourism. (Here tell what your Mom/parents do in India.)

Reasons for her to return to India are as follows:

Highlight the points

Thanking You,

--------------------------------------
                1.This letter to the Embassy

Comment

Hi MSR,

In my mother's case the VO refused the visa without verifying all the documents. Even if we give the letter, how can we say that the VO will look into the letter? Could you tell us what happend in your case?

Your feedback will help a lot.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oviyan03
                    Hi MSR,

In my mother's case the VO refused the visa without verifying all the documents. Even if we give the letter, how can we say that the VO will look into the letter? Could you tell us what happend in your case?

Your feedback will help a lot.

Thanks.
                    cAN YOU PLEASE SEARCH FOR 'MSR' USER ID AND U CAN READ ALL THAT I POSTED.

Comment

My 2 Cents

My mom visa also got rejected and have the second interview in Sep.

My 2 cents or better way to answer these questions
                      1. What is the purpose of the Visit?

Ans. To meet my (Elder/Third) son, daughter-in-law, grand son and to visit near by places.

2. Who is there in US?

Ans. My son (My Third /Elder Son)

3. How may kids do you have?

Ans. 5, four boys and one girl. ( 5 son and one daugther)

4. Is your daughter married?

Ans. Yes

5. Where is your son working?

Ans. America (Should have mentioned about your all sons working companies and location, remember to say always the sponsering son to say last, that way the VO gets an idea that he is the least important person)

Again this is just my thought

Comment

Hi bsubb,

Thank you for your feedback. Definitely I'll tell me mother to answer as you mentioned. If you have more info, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X