H1B Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Question

Hi - my girlfriend is from india and is working here in US. Just got her H1B approved. she will be travelling abroad soon through her work but needs the H1B visa stamped on her passport for retnry - as you know. she is reluctant to go to inida to apply because she thinks that it will take lot of time. She is from madras. Few questions -

How long would take to get visa (with h1b approval letter) when she goes to india and apply??

She has right of abode to UK - her mom is from there - so she is thinking of going to UK instead to apply for visa thinking it would be easier - after sept 11 can people apply for visa to US from third country?? i thought that was not possible anymore.

Your help would be appreciated.

A few years ago I transfered my H1B visa from one company to another, after getting the approval I did travel to the UK and got my new visa stamped at the American Consulate in London. This was after September 11th issues and I have a Kenyan passport.

My sister made an appointment for me at the consulate, told them what type of visa I was needing and they told her what papers I had to bring, fees, photos and that it would take 1-2 days and they would send my passport to me at her residence via courier.

It was all quite smooth and easy. Try visiting their website to double check this since I did do this about 2 years ago and things may have changed. Also if possible have someone in the UK call and ask someone over the phone to confirm.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks apoona

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X