Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dad's visa rejected

hi,
    my dad's visa(VISITOR VISA B2) was rejected today(23rd aug 2006) under the section 214(b). he is a widower and a retired govt. employee living alone with 3rd son(myself). my elder brother is living at USA with his family.
    even though we produced house,land and bank documents....it wasn't enough to convince the consular officer.
    we are planning to re-apply for the tourist visa. can anyone suggest us on how to proceed from here onwards??

He needs to show some strong tie to India that the consular will think will
    definitely bring him back. Usually, a wife and a premanent job serve as strong ties but the absence of both in this case is the problem.
    Adult children( YOU) do not necessarily serve as strong ties because they
    are capable of being independent.

If can re employ himself, like a job or a small business and reapply
    after a few months into it, it may help.

Originally posted by rajasatish
    hi,
    my dad's visa(VISITOR VISA B2) was rejected today(23rd aug 2006) under the section 214(b). he is a widower and a retired govt. employee living alone with 3rd son(myself). my elder brother is living at USA with his family.
    even though we produced house,land and bank documents....it wasn't enough to convince the consular officer.
    we are planning to re-apply for the tourist visa. can anyone suggest us on how to proceed from here onwards??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X