Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed - Parents Visitors visa dates after my H-1 date

Folks,

My parents appointment date for B-2 Visa is on 10-Oct-06 and my appointment date for H-1 is on 10-Sep-06. My concern here is that can my parents tell the visa officer that i am working in India as this is the general question asked by VO about the siblings. My wife is also having the appointment with me for H-4.

We both are working in India and i need to confirm that whether it is ok to say to VO that son is working in India? Can the VO check in the system and see that my H-1 is stamped prior to 10-OCT-06?

Whats the best way to have the VO convinced for my parents visa as their visa got rejected 2 years back because my father was working and he said he is going to US for 6 months.

YOUR RESPONSE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED !!!

Originally posted by dude29
    Folks,

My parents appointment date for B-2 Visa is on 10-Oct-06 and my appointment date for H-1 is on 10-Sep-06. My concern here is that can my parents tell the visa officer that i am working in India as this is the general question asked by VO about the siblings. My wife is also having the appointment with me for H-4.

We both are working in India and i need to confirm that whether it is ok to say to VO that son is working in India? Can the VO check in the system and see that my H-1 is stamped prior to 10-OCT-06?

Whats the best way to have the VO convinced for my parents visa as their visa got rejected 2 years back because my father was working and he said he is going to US for 6 months.

YOUR RESPONSE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED !!!
    1. Who is sponsoring the visa? is that you or self sponsered by parents or someone who is already in US?
    2. Will you not come to US after your visa stamping?
    3. Better ask for 3-4 months
    Thx
    RK

Comment

Yes, i will be going to US after my H-1 is stamped with my wife on H4 who is also appearing for the interview with me.

So will it matter if my parents say that i am working in India though my H-1 would have been stamped by then but i will be still on India company payroll and not resign till my parents get visa.

Please throw some more light on this?

Comment

Yes, i will be going to US after my H-1 is stamped with my wife on H4 who is also appearing for the interview with me.

So will it matter if my parents say that i am working in India though my H-1 would have been stamped by then but i will be still on India company payroll and not resign till my parents get visa.

Please throw some more light on this?
        I assume that you are not sponsoring their visitor visa, so dont think it matters if they say that you are still in India. They can say "he will be going in couple of days", if asked
        HTH
        RK

Comment

My sister is married and working in US. She will be sponsoring them but we are also thinking that they show that they are sponsoring themselves and have sufficient funds to travel.

So in this case, where i would come in picture ? is it ok to say that I am working in India ? But if VO says that he has valid H-1, then they can say that i will going to US in couple of days but would that pose a chance that my parents are going and i am also going and my sister is already there. So all in family are in US and VO might think why would my parents come back?

Please help on this?

Comment

My sister is married and working in US. She will be sponsoring them but we are also thinking that they show that they are sponsoring themselves and have sufficient funds to travel.

So in this case, where i would come in picture ? is it ok to say that I am working in India ? But if VO says that he has valid H-1, then they can say that i will going to US in couple of days but would that pose a chance that my parents are going and i am also going and my sister is already there. So all in family are in US and VO might think why would my parents come back?

Please help on this?
            If I understood your concern correctly, all you are worried that VO may think that your parents would be potential immigrants because both of you are in/going to be in US and may reject the visa, right?
            Well, if you strongly feel about that, you can consider the option of going for self-sponsoring.
            HTH
            RK

Comment

Thanks ! So you mean that if my parents sponsor themselves and show adequate ties with India, they should be all set?

Anything more to be taken care.

Comment

Thanks ! So you mean that if my parents sponsor themselves and show adequate ties with India, they should be all set?

Anything more to be taken care.
                Chances of getting visa would be high if they self-sponsor per your case, but nothing guaranteed.
                Make sure that they carry all documents to show strong ties reg business, property, family etc.
                Please search in this forum to find out required bank balance for self-sponsored case.

HTH
                RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X