Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for Parents Please HELP

Hi Friends,
    I am new to this web-site. Just need your opinion and suggestions on my situation. In just 2 weeks my parents will be going to the US consulate in Mumbai to get their tourist visa. My dad has his own business (which is growing and profitable) and my mom is a housewife. I am a Greencard holder here in the US and my wife is a US Citizen. I came to the US on F1 (Student visa) and then I applied for my greencard because I am married to a USC. I got married and applied for my GC in 2002 and in 2003 my parents applied for a visitor visa and they were rejected. The reason given to my dad by the officer was that “Since your son does not have a status in the US I cannot issue you a visa today don’t even come back after 2 days because you will be rejected again come back when everything is clear” (My dad said he was a very nice and polite officer) Of course my dad was so disappointed that he just left the window instead of asking for the rejection letter so we could know the real reason. I was in the process of getting my GC when they applied for their visa in 2003 (I became a GC holder in 2005) Well this time since I have a GC they are applying again. My parents have been to 10-12 countries in Europe and some countries in Far East (Thailand, Singapore) Dubai and stuff their passport is filled with stamps. The last time (2003) when my parents applied they were coming just to visit me and my wife but this time they are coming on a very famous tour for 20 days to see the US and after the tour they are planning to stay with us for 15 days and no more then that because my dad cannot close the business for that long. My parents are sponsoring this trip from their own funds. But since they are planning to stay with us for 15 days we are sponsoring for that part even though he does not need any help from us (we are just back up sponsorship) I have already sent a lot of documents from me and my wife (invitation letter, tax papers, my passport pages affidavit of support and more)
    They are both above the age of 58. And I have a elder sister who is married (so the only ties to India dad can show is his business, house, investments, friends and relatives). In 2003 one of the questions the officer asked was Do you have any kids here in India? My dad answered Yes we have a elder daughter who is married and our son (me) is in the US. To me this just looks like a “potential immigrant” issue as this had nothing to do with my status here in the US at that time. What do you guys think? My question to you guys is has anyone of your parents been in my parents situation? Or dealt with this before? What kind of questions can my parents expect? What are the most important documents I have to send from my side? I just don’t want to miss anything this time. Thank you so much for reading and thank you so much for your suggestions and input. I really appreciate it. Thanks

PS: When I came to the US in 1998 the US consulate rule in Bombay was if you are rejected 2 (personal interviews) you have to wait for 2 years but you could apply again before 2 years but only through the drop box facility. Is this rule still applied? Thank god I got my visa on just my first visit.

Can you please post what happened in your case?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X