Passport validity to enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport validity to enter

My mother's indian passport is expiring on 10th March 2007. She has 10 yr multiple entry visitor visa to USA. I am planning to bring her to USA towards the end of September 2006.

My question : As my mom will have her passport expire in less than 6 months (10 days short of 6 months) at the time of landing in US, is she going to have any problem? Can she enter US with a less than 6 month passport? I am ok, if they give her 5 months or 4 months of I94, as long as they admit her. I am anyway planning to send her back before the I94 expiration.

Another question : since she is on visitor visa, can we renew her passport in US?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Venu

Originally posted by yvsvg
    My mother's indian passport is expiring on 10th March 2007. She has 10 yr multiple entry visitor visa to USA. I am planning to bring her to USA towards the end of September 2006.

My question : As my mom will have her passport expire in less than 6 months (10 days short of 6 months) at the time of landing in US, is she going to have any problem? Can she enter US with a less than 6 month passport? I am ok, if they give her 5 months or 4 months of I94, as long as they admit her. I am anyway planning to send her back before the I94 expiration.
    She may be given I94 based on passport validity. Better apply for passport extension before she starts and let her travel with both passports
    Another question : since she is on visitor visa, can we renew her passport in US?
    I think "no"
    Any help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Venu
    HTH
    RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X