Parents Visa rejected in Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa rejected in Mumbai

My parents Visa got rejected at the Mumbai consulate yesterday 09/11/06. The interviewer did not ask a single question related to me, my work or my financial status nor did he see a single document related to me. He asked the following questions to them.
    1. How many children you have?
    2. Who is in the US?
    3. Do you work? My Mom works and father is retired now.
    4. Can I see your bank statement? They showed all the details related to Savings account, Fixed deposits and all the property related documents.
    Based on the balance in the Saving account he said he cannot issue them the Visa. He said does not matter how much you have in fixed deposits and as immovable assets.

That was it and he called the next person. Can anyone please help me about our next approach? Someone told me that on a rejection if my parents reapply in 3 days they can get a appointment within the next 3 weeks. Is this true in case of Mumbai consulate?

Please help.

Regards,
    Vishwesh.

Yes, There is no time frame to reapply

Yes, it is correct to reapply within 3 days if you can get appointment. But get prepared for the questions why you are back immediately? which might make your parents potential immigrants and again they might be rejected. so it is a good idea to wait for some more days and reapply.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
      My guess is that on 156 form, they must have written that they are going to sponsor their trip themselves, and since they didn't have enough balance in their savings account, officer made such a decision. What was your parents answer to question 1 and 2?

Comment

My parents intend to reapply within then next 3 days but are not sure if they can get the appointment in the next 3 weeks as rejected cases. The answer to the first question was 2 and the second was son. You know that usually people in India do not keep larger amounts in saving accounts as they have less interest rates. They had plenty of fixed deposits and asset papers which were totally ignored. Do they have a special appointment system for First time rejected visitors?

Comment

mevishwesh,
          You didn't say, if they wrote on 156 form, that they would sponsor their own visit. Please share.

Comment

IS it true that now a days, they are more strict about visitor visa and we are are having more rejects than usual. My father's interview is at Calcutta consulate, I am really worried. My mother already has visa. Is that a plus? I am their only child. Can anyone share their experience, specially in Calcutta cosulate.

Comment

Munshi, They had mentioned that I (their son will take care of all the expenses). Actually they never saw/considered any of my documents.

Comment

Sorry to see that their visa was denied. It is really not fair on the visa officer to reject based on your parents bank balance as you are the sponsorer for the trip.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X